We are prepared for the worst..........

K.O.M.A.

Reaction score
Thanks BP, glad to hear everything went well for you. Is everyone in Florida and Texas accounted for? Does anyone know of anyone we haven't heard from? Does anyone need anything? An LTG care package or something?

mellowgerman

Reaction score
Hey y'all, we made it! No big damage to my house. Just a fridge that leaked a ton of water and some fresh mold... I think there was some ice built up maybe. In any case, all better, though no power yet. My family also got through no problem. Ironically, my parents, in North Port, and my brother, in Sarasota, all were practically hit by the eye of the storm, but had their power again the next day. I was on the outskirts and am still being deprived the joy of my Starfire's glorious amplified tone and refrigerated beer. Coulda been worse though!

Opsimath

Reaction score
Thank you for the prayers everyone! I am very glad to hear that all of our members made it through the storm okay. We stayed here since the projected path was Florida's east coast, and the blasted thing turned and headed straight for us. At least by the time it got to north Florida it had weakened a lot. We got some rain, some wind, a lot of sticks and leaves to clean up (compost!) along with some small limbs, but I am happy to report no damage whatsoever. Power was restored in just 1 1/2 days. Prepping included protecting the guitars and electronics, pretty much in that order. I would have checked in sooner but I just got the computer unpacked and set up this evening.

I'll be very happy if there are no other storms for the remainder of hurricane season! I think everyone has had enough to last for a while.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the prayers everyone! I am very glad to hear that all of our members made it through the storm okay. We stayed here since the projected path was Florida's east coast, and the blasted thing turned and headed straight for us. At least by the time it got to north Florida it had weakened a lot. We got some rain, some wind, a lot of sticks and leaves to clean up (compost!) along with some small limbs, but I am happy to report no damage whatsoever. Power was restored in just 1 1/2 days. Prepping included protecting the guitars and electronics, pretty much in that order. I would have checked in sooner but I just got the computer unpacked and set up this evening.

I'll be very happy if there are no other storms for the remainder of hurricane season! I think everyone has had enough to last for a while.

So glad to hear all of you are alright Opsimath. I am glad you made it through with only minor stuff like tree limbs and such. I can rest a little easier knowing things are OK.

The only one I haven't seen post yet is CA-35 unless I missed it. I imagine power is still out in a lot of places so I am keeping my fingers crossed we will hear from him soon. Thoughts and prayers with everyone picking up the pieces and those effected by all of this weather, What a crazy Hurricane season that is not over yet by any means.

TX

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks for checking in, everyone. Is anyone MIA?
We had just recently moved from SC to Tampa to be nearer to family already here. Our house is in Clearwater, and since it was built in 1959, it is built like a vault. However, we are surrounded by huge oaks. They have remained fine through Hermione and Matthew, but when I saw that cat 4 winds were projected to target Clearwater from Sunday night to Monday morning, we headed to Space Coast. I have an uncle there who, ironically, was planning on riding the hurricane out at out place on the west coast, initially.

I-4 was wide open with no traffic issues. Florida hwy patrol were enforce and keep things moving along. The weather on the east coast was brutal with hurricane force winds AND tornadoes! Got home Monday aft with lots of tree debris, no power, but water. Fired up 5KW generator and had it running 15 hrs a day. Power (and wifi) back now, hence the late post.

Glad all other Guild Floridians made it, too. That hurricane left no one untouched.

Weird thing about the whole event was that I didn't take a guitar with us when we evacuated. Simply not enough room in mini van what with kids, dogs, lizard, snake, gasoline gas, and provisions. I will have to ponder that decision for a bit, but I have not yet regretted it.

It did earn me points with the wife and kids, as they can see that I may be obsessed with guilds but I know that they are a low priority when it comes to living things.

It's beautiful in Florida now, BTW.

Jim

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you and your family our safe Jim as well as the lack of any Major Damage on the Homefront!

Bluesy, I know you said you saw Dapmdave post around the time of the storm but I don't think I have seen him post since. Anyone able to get in touch to make sure they came out ok? Last he posted they had the generator ready and were stocked up preparing to ride it out. Other than Dave I think we are still waiting on CA-35.

TX

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Dave is OK, I exchanged a few texts with him after the storm.
Some tree damage, like many, but nothing serious.

Still haven't heard from Scott. (CA 35)

CA-35

Reaction score
Wow what a week!!!! Lost power on Sunday the 10th. I had a generator for 2 days then my gas supply exhausted. On Friday the 15th I got my power back on but still no internet or tv at home. Today is my first day back at work and my first opportunity to get on LTG. All is well.

No structural damgage to my home, lost about 30 feet of board on board fence and a lot of tree damage.

Now this Maria storm is taking the same track. So last week may have been good practice.............................

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awesome News CA-35! Glad to hear you made it through! Figured it was a power or internet issue with all the infrastructure damage statewide. I have been watching "Maria Maria" (insert Carlos Santana Lick) as well. At least Jose decided to head north and hopefully Maria will follow suit. That is what the early spaghetti models are predicting but then again they weren't extremely accurate with Irma. They are saying Lee shouldn't effect land so that is a good thing. Just glad to know you all are alright!

TX

Last edited:

Opsimath

Reaction score
Good to hear from you, CA-35. We were getting a bit concerned around here. So glad things turned out fairly well. Hoping, though, that it was not practice for Maria. May she go far, far away from everyone!

Reaction score
I am a new member here, it's now september and the damage of hurricane is done. How's everything especially to those areas that are affected? it was tremendously bad!