We are prepared for the worst..........

CA-35

Reaction score
The outlook is not good for those of us in South Florida (Pascal get it buttoned it up) so we are hoping for the best and prepared for the worst.
I've got my freezer packed with ice, igloo 151 cooler standing by, plenty of canned foods and plenty of water, I've got a generator wired up to my panel and once I lose power I will back feed the panel so I have A/C and minimal lighting.

My Guilds are stored at a buddy's condo on the 24th floor so I have no flood issues with them. My home is another story, I'm in Hollywood and I sit about 8 feet above sea level and I'm about 6 miles from the ocean, but the rain could pose a problem.

We will know more by Friday.

Keep your fingers and toes crossed and we'll keep a light on for ya.

HO_IRMA_PATHS_MO_170906_4x3_992.jpg

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Good luck. That is one bad azz storm.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thinking of all you LTGer's down there - take care!

walrus

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Best of luck and be safe , was there for Andrew but up in west palm had many customers in homeland , keys etc . .

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The outlook is not good for those of us in South Florida (Pascal get it buttoned it up)
Yup, started the outside clean up yesterday after work, hopefully finishing this up after work today.

We will know more by Friday.
Yup again.
Right now it looks like an extremely similar scenario as in what happened with Matthew last year, and certainly hoping the trend of the latest projected tracks holds on, (including the Euro projection for which I'm kinda biased, based on historical experience) showing it veering north and brushing the east coast while keeping its nasty eye and the fastest winds over the ocean... That's what I'm keeping my fingers crossed about.

Thanks for the well wishes, and best to all my Florida bros...

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thinking about everyone down in Florida, Please Stay Safe and be as prepared as you can.

TX

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
missing my grandmothers funeral because of this one, cancelled my flights last night. luckilly the funeral will happen today, Thursday, before the storm hits. but it was just too risky to possibly get stuck down there for a week or longer unplanned, especially during hurricane/evacuations/no power etc...

my best wishes to all in the hurricane's path. my inconvenience is no comparison to living through one of these.

K.O.M.A.

Reaction score
We woke up this AM in NW Florida to cool weather in the 50's and 60's thanks to a cold front coming thru last night. This same front should cause Irma to hook north Saturday or Sunday. Hopefully it'll be Saturday and push her back into the Atlantic. I stepped outside to enjoy the morning but couldn't knowing that our good fortune might affect others negatively. Good luck to y'all down there.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thinking of all our friends down South and praying you are safe. Thank God you had some time to prepare, but the northbound roads must be a nightmare right now.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Wishing the very best of luck to everyone that will be riding out this nasty storm. Be safe, be prepared and get through it.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts, folks. We are about half-way up the east coast, and almost 9 miles from the beach. The shutters are up, the generator is ready, and we have food and water. So we're going to hunker down and ride it out.

Opsimath

Reaction score
Anyone riding this thing out is way braver than I am. Y'all stay safe down there. Thoughts and prayers will all of you!