Hi again :)

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
1245 Mountain Standard Time - WARNING - I just tried to play Ray's sound clip and received a voice-over warning about a virus followed by an attempt to take over my PC.... My network is in transition so it might have been a fluke or it may be that the Soundcloud bite has been clipped. Just be warned when you play it.

Ray - it sounded good up to the point I had to shut it all down. Good job! Too bad after 45 years I cannot play something that nice.... :)

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
1245 Mountain Standard Time - WARNING - I just tried to play Ray's sound clip and received a voice-over warning about a virus followed by an attempt to take over my PC.... My network is in transition so it might have been a fluke or it may be that the Soundcloud bite has been clipped. Just be warned when you play it.

Ray - it sounded good up to the point I had to shut it all down. Good job! Too bad after 45 years I cannot play something that nice.... :)

Sorry for the issues your having Steve , I'm listening through the Soundcloud site through direct browser search now as I speak , now jumping the linked track through post and both plays no issues.
Did this come up on your Pc security or a browser warning ? Please clear your browsers history and do a scan if you can , I'm sure you know what to do .
just to offer up the best security suite I've used to date is Eset not one virus had got through yet unlike McAfee , Norton , Avast, AVG and others.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I played it this morning with no issues. I use ESET as well, Ray. Great protection!!

p.s. - Ray, you never mentioned how you're bonding with your custom build.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
OK The explained version

Awe shucks you guys , hugs ...................... = This just mean Hugs :)
The song is posted members music . .......... = Yup thats the right place :)
My bad if I ain't given it enough time ................. = Slang for "I'm sorry I should of waited a little longer before mentioning anything "
I certainly understand my playing is not everyone's cup of tea lol ............. = This means some just do not like my style of playing and or writing.

Now saying legendary is a tad over blown like hurricane force over blown with beach a umbrella jammed in the eye lol ...........= This is in reference to Killdeer43 post #3

Err maybe that ain't so funny .... = also post #3.

Anyway thank you ....... = Thank you.

Adorshki my man , CV-1 is most excellent but I considering selling it ......... = My friend the guitar is great but I may sell it.

I'm in mid life crisis lol so I'm trying to do a gear refit in no particular order starting with a new electric ................. = I'm in a #$^&%%@ Midlife Crisis what do you not get about that ? and I want to buy all new musical instruments out with the old in with the new. :) this is a side effect of depression , I think ? Yup for this case anyway:p

To entertain I enter Story ( echo ) mode mode mode mode ... lol ............ = My wish to enlighten you and my way of doing so is through a story.

K so back in 78 I had gib "The Paul " not overly experienced then but loved solid Walnut body Ebony fret board , played like a dream so in wanting a les Paul back again I figured why not go back to the start . Thing is I have a great playing Ibanez rocker but the pickups are so so upgrades will cost about 200 plus any pot changes which is not much ............ = Scene one of said story is a flash back to 1978 and the Gibson or Gib for short electric guitar. Not being a experienced player in those days . I loved the walnut body and ebony fret board this model had.

But I really don't want to mess around maybe I won't like the pickups then what ? Oh I know sudden pain in my rear acting up again haha ....... = I don't want to waste time installing pickups and added money for it to turn out to be a flop.

But back to The Paul finding good looking 78 will run about a grand and after reading up on it her picks kind of stink so there's that fixerer upper thing ...... = Yes the dreaded auto correct and punctuation = Epic fail ! otherwise finding a good guitar will cost a 1,000 dollars and if the pickups have to be replaced theres no point.

K do things I liked , love the natural Walnut look , feel , playability......... = The bent finger curse, The word is "SO" not DO but the letter S is right next to the D add in the hook ed finger and Poof ! wrong word . K = short for Ok , look the word ok is just to long of a word something had to be done !

Hated the toggle switch location and the pickup issue oh let's not forget the 1,000 price tag ......... = Means what it says . Since I left a space between this sentence and the next one I figure I did not need a period at it's conclusion so for those of you who suffered extreme convolutions , foaming of the mouth and possible bleeding from the ears as a result of being stuck in limbo waiting for the end of times or not knowing where to go next , my apologies.

So let jump to the end Epi's been getting done great reviews on the les Paul's with most excellent pickups modeled just the Gib 58's humbuckers . Hope that's the yr ...... = Yup typo again :) notice the letters again in this case the S and the M the word should have read "some " not the word done :( curse my sexy fingers ! others wise I'm jumping straight to Epiphones over The Paul.

So after going back and forth like do for endless amounts of time i decided that I think I'll get one yeah think , I was having issues on the colors very pretty AAA maple tops in burst , blue , cherry but nothen hit home then out of know where I hit upon the Koha model DING ! .... Ugh even Im getting tried of this .... yup typos again and punctuation issues ...... Score ? = F ! Yes I spelled KOA wrong , I just kept staring at it thinking something ain't right there but ........

Right color , right look , right body shape , right toggle switch ! .... = Means the Koa Epi is sweet !

No ebony finger board :( no real mother of pearl inlays but that's ok she's close enough and she's affordable ..... =That one works as is ....Thank you Lord !

Next goes the hi tech floor peddles and current amp to be replaced and I'm going back to basics work creating my own sound instead using 400 other guys sounds and amp sims ..... I think this is good to ... Yes ?

Let's not forget the acoustics . Though I love the Cv-1 I still have that darn Blueridge on my mind and I won't stop thinking about it until I get it ......... = This mostly works I keep forgetting that folks don't always remember past conversations and I just assumed someone would remember my wants of a blueridge BR283A :)

Then there's the hits I have for 6 string jumbo will it be a custom build or a Guild ? Heck I don't know lots to think about ....... = Hits ? you guys win this one I have no idea what that was about . lets replace that with " want " or" love' your choice

One thing I know is it will be the tone hunt more the cost either way all this will take time less the Epi about a month out I'm told. .... = Meaning the acoustics will be a tone hunt now don't get me wrong tone matters on the electric side to.

One thing is I'm not a Collecter I'd like to know that I will play the guitars I have on hand instead of them siiting in a dark cave .......= Typo "Collector" and Sitting funny it did auto correct them ? others wise the meaning is I want guitars to play not hang out in a closet.

I want the right group of acoustics
I have it good with my custom Gloria and my Blueridge BR180A and the F212xlce
But the triple O still needs to be found the Cv-1 is good but she lacks in certain areas most players would not even notice it ...... I think this is understood yes ? just in case I'm looking for balance between the guitars ones that will complement each other.

I played a Collins and I about fell out wow whatva sound and had old strings on her but she used and 3,000 bucks .......... = whatva kind of bad Dracula pronunciation of" what a " also just threw this out there because it popped into my mind .... man now I'm thinking about it again dang I should of bought that guitar !

Ok went on long enough ;)...... = I'm done I need a beer .

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I played it this morning with no issues. I use ESET as well, Ray. Great protection!!

p.s. - Ray, you never mentioned how you're bonding with your custom build.

Dave , I love it ! but honestly I'm fearful of it , wait you on drugs meaning prescription or drinking or you straight I prefer the latter LOL anyway yeah I'm a tad paranoid I don't want to mess it up . I also need to get insurance on it.

I put Elixir Nano webs on her and I don't think there a good match being a bit darker sounding which is not what a redwood top needs but on the F212 there quite good also on the CV-!.

I'm giving Stringjoy a shot and if you folks like I'll give a review after I get them.

Here's Dreaming Train thats the my Gloria , keep in mind I had to EQ the guitar a tad brighter to get separation in the mix with the train.

https://soundcloud.com/agradeleous234/dreaming-train enjoy :)

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Haha I hear ya I'll try better next time .

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I really liked the translations !

However...
Since I left a space between this sentence and the next one I figure I did not need a period at it's conclusion

My 2nd grade teacher wife is NOT going to approve that statement. No sir. Not at all ! She has a beef with McDonald's and their " im lovin it " ad campaign.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Haha John I know she's right and Im lazy see no apostrophe haha .

I could be a better writer but I don't write much , used to many many yrs ago but my jobs have just been more on the physical side no writing required. My current job of 14 years has made me dumber then a rock they beat stupidity into you .

CA-35

Reaction score
Well he's got me beat; I'm 58% moron, 53% idiot and 32% imbecile, my head always spins.

And ah........welcome back.