Wrong photo on Guild Facebook post.....

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Perusing FB this morning, Guild posted trying to drum up excitement for the new D55's coming out soon. However, they put the wrong photo.

Text said:
Really digging this Friday situation...
See more from the D-55 here -->

The photo under it was this:

Iw2Xm5.jpg

Why do they do stuff like this? Do they not know the different models?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I am a firm believer that the marketing department at Cordoba are only aware of two things concerning Guilds. Number one is they own the Brand name and number two is it has something to do with guitars. Beyond that I get the feeling that they are just "Winging It".

TX

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
And why the midsixties Thunder One is there is a mystery...

Because Real Acoustic guitar players have Pink Electric Guitar Amps just laying around. I apologize, I think the new term is "Salmon". LOL!:nevreness:

TX

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
And why the midsixties Thunder One is there is a mystery...

and being that it is, why they would block the "G" for Guild on the amp, is an even deeper mystery...

at least it is actually Friday, they got that much correct.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice 'burst on the D-40.
Charlie, it's a beautiful D40 and the burst is amazing and I love seeing the mahogany through the soundhole. It's a super guitar and I'd bet it sounds amazing. It's just not a D55. Which isn't a bad thing. It's just a thing..... LOL!!

refret

Reaction score
Just my personal opinion, Guild ain't been Guild since Fender strangled them.
Again, just my opinion......

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just my personal opinion, Guild ain't been Guild since Fender strangled them.
Again, just my opinion......

You're entitled to it. As a thought exercise, which you don't have to share, consider the likelihood that if Fender had not bought Guild there would be no Guild today. Some folks would be OK with that. Some folks wouldn't.

refret

Reaction score
You're entitled to it. As a thought exercise, which you don't have to share, consider the likelihood that if Fender had not bought Guild there would be no Guild today. Some folks would be OK with that. Some folks wouldn't.
You do make a quite valid point, but I suppose it's just a combination of my anal purist attitude with the reluctance to accept change as one progresses into the abyss of old flatulent souldom that makes me this way.....
Far back in the day I always saw the major acoustic guitar makers as follows:
Gibson took the mass production route quite early, banging them out by the thousands after the war. I was talking to an old luthier in the 70s that told me they were a mess inside and couldn't understand how they sounded so good.
when I started tearing into them I understood what he meant, but still was fond of them anyway. Until Norling had their way with them and then they moved out of Kalamazoo....
I equated Guild right up there with Martin for quality, great attention to detail, clean inside, for that matter I viewed them as almost being a "boutique" guitar.
My wife took me to the Martin factory tour for my 60th birthday in 2012. The automation left me with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.
Just the way of the world I guess, with the quality issues that I read about coming out of the new Guild facility, it just leaves me longing for a world that has passed by........I know, flatulent old soul talk.