Relax

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I quit flying. Glad all my business flying was done in the 80's and 90's when it was still kinda fun. (pre 9/11)

On the way back from Amsterdam once, in the early '90's, I asked if I could go up to the cabin, the attendant took me up there, and I sat with the pilot and co for awhile while we were flying over Newfoundland.

Don't try that today.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I ended up under an escalator, clutching my briefcase, laying on the marble floor, trying to get a few winks. Only O'Hare (perhaps to dissuade the bums) played loud harmonica music on the PA all night long. Seventh circle of hell...
But, was it GOOD harmonica music at least? Toots Thielman maybe?

Neal

Reaction score
No harmonica music is "good" at 3 am, laying on a slab of marble, burned out from many, many days on the road.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I spent a sleepless night at LaGuardia airport in autumn 1995 after an emergency (work) trip to Manhattan. At World Trade 4 to be precise. I didn't finish my Mr. FixIt/Cleanup tasks 'til well past midnight, after which I discovered there were no hotel rooms to be had in the city because baseball playoffs. So I went back to the airport, went inside and hung out near the terminal where my return flight was scheduled to depart from. In well over six hours I never saw another person in the entire building! Imagine experiencing anything like that now.

-Dave-

Neal

Reaction score
LaGuardia...another place where itineraries went to die.

Maybe because it sounds like a medical condition.