What have I got??

Reaction score
First post here. I'm getting a Starfire III with Guild Vibrato serial number KSG1511738. I can not find info to tell me where it was made, or when it was made. The seller insists it's USA but the number would indicate made in Korea.
So....... what have I got here?

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome!
as Steve said, it's definitely a Korean built Guild from the Westerly Collection, which was named in honor of the Westerly, Rhode Island plant, but is not a US guitar. If the seller priced it as a US build, I would return it for a refund, or get some money back.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome!
as Steve said, it's definitely a Korean built Guild from the Westerly Collection, which was named in honor of the Westerly, Rhode Island plant, but is not a US guitar. If the seller priced it as a US build, I would return it for a refund, or get some money back.

If it's a Starfire III, would it not be a Newark Street? I thought the Westerly series were acoustic.

Reaction score
Ah HA! Thought so. Any idea of the manufacturer date? What year is it. Pic's to come. I'll need to do some minor repairs ~ The mounting holes for the floating bridge are stripped. And YES! . . . I will be requesting refund / at least partial if I really like it.

Thanks all

Reaction score
Anything you could share would be much appreciated. Are all the components oriental> Pickups? Pots? etc . . . Is this the same guitar described in the Guild site? Still made in Korea?

Reaction score
What's the benefit of the bridge screws threading into the guitar? This guitar was sold with stripped screw holes. Easy fix, just wondering what difference it would make.

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
Those models with the "floating" bridge lend themselves to changing intonation if one isn't careful while changing strings. With the studs, what you see is what you get. After adjusting the saddles individually.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge the Serial number prefix you listed of KSG15 would make it Korean Built sometime in the year 2015. The Korean models are completely made in Korea and shipped to the USA ready for sale. On the used market I have seen the Korean SFIII's in great to excellent condition sell for anywhere from $600-$750. You can even find some NOS model Korean SFIII's still new with warranty being liquidated for the $700-$750 range if you actually look for them. Best of luck and if it needs serious repair I think you may be better off just sending it back and buying one from a reputable dealer who knows what they are talking about and is not trying to pull a fast one on you. Welcome and look forward to hearing how it all turns out.

TX

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's what I thought. Just stabilize a "floating" bridge and improve tuneability and intonation. So the fact that the screw holes are stripped won't really matter.