Guitar Town 2017 - Collaboration (1 hr Video)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does Doyle's Guitar look a lot like a Guild with the fretboard inlays and body shape? Granted not the same as his Guild Signature model that was made in New Hartford as it had different inlays but the body shape does closely resemble his signature Guild and a Guild F47MCE from New Hartford minus the headstock shape. It also looks to have the triangle in rectangle Guild inlays instead of the Block MOP inlays of a regular F47MCE. Cool Video!

TX

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
TX, Doyle's playing an Olson (I believe he said the guitar was from the 90's?). But the back and sides are in his favorite tonewood: Maple.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it just me or does Doyle's Guitar look a lot like a Guild with the fretboard inlays and body shape? Granted not the same as his Guild Signature model that was made in New Hartford as it had different inlays but the body shape does closely resemble his signature Guild and a Guild F47MCE from New Hartford minus the headstock shape. It also looks to have the triangle in rectangle Guild inlays instead of the Block MOP inlays of a regular F47MCE. Cool Video!

TX
TX, the inlays and stuff on the Guild DDSM were, I think, Doyle's design. IIRC, his Taylor signatures also had similar appointments (could be wrong about that). Anyway, as Chris said, that's an Olson, and probably also done with his input.