Latest build

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's my latest build, a Style 5 inspired parlor.
https://acornhouseworkshop.com/gallery-pages/wood-for-music/parlor-guitars/n0-3/

p1040543.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
What a sweet, little guitar!! Some serious bear-claw going on there! Great job, Chris. As Christopher asked, how would you define the sound? :encouragement:

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes. Right now, its in Terz tuning (up a third, in G), but I gave the customer recommendations if he wants to switch to regular tuning. Its a 21-1/4" scale, so extra light strings for Terz tuning, medium-heavy for regular, to balance out the scale length/tension. One of the challenges with a guitar this small is to get a good balanced low end, so I switched the orientation of the tone bar, so its coming from the bass side. Naturally, in Terz tuning its got a fairly bright sound. In regular tuning, which is what I have my #1 in, its very bluesy.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
congrats Chris, and bravo. such a unique and cool looking parlor...

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, that is one sweet parlor guitar! Man it must feel good to be able
to build something like that!

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
Beautiful, Chris, as are your other parlor guitars - and all your other works as well.

Since getting my F-20 put back together, I've been kind of intrigued by the smaller guits and have been perusing the vintage parlor "projects" on the Bay.

Great minds?

And thanks again for the headstock piece.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's a pic of it from the customer in its new home. I don't know who the makers of the other two are.:wink:

img_0427.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for the link,Chris!! I had missed that as I've been spending less time on Facebook. It's lovely! And it just being a baby and all.... what a nice guitar!!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of it from the customer in its new home. I don't know who the makers of the other two are.:wink:

img_0427.jpg

Well the one in the middle definitely looks like a Ripoff of a Guild Design but can you blame them? :wink:

That is a great looking and unique Parlor Acorn. Beautiful Craftsmanship as I have seen with all of your builds that I get to look at online. Honestly I have never been much for Parlor Guitar Body Shapes but I really like the lines and the way they flow on that one. Awesome Job!

TX

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow ! Sweet had no idea you custom build very cool ;)