Carl Kamp (Union Music) is retiring

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I want to make note of Carl Kamp's retirement from the music biz. Union Music has been fixture in Worcester, MA., and Carl (and his family before him) have been a shining example of the mom&pop, bricks and mortar music store that makes people want to take music into their lives. Anyone who's bought a Guild in the last umpteen years in central Massachusetts has probably met and/or bought an instrument from him.

Carl is a fabulous classical guitarist and plays out in the area quite a lot. He will continue to do that in retirement, but he's handing the store over to the good hands of Peter Allard.

Anyway, Carl has been an integral part of my journey with Guild over the last 10 years. He stuck with Guild through some (very) lean years and Union Music remains both a Guild and a Cordoba dealer. In recent years, Carl joined us for the "factory second" part at the Let's Meet Guild event. He also helped some of us get the closeout guitars that were released when NH shut down.

Hats off to Carl. Enjoy your retirement!!!! Will certainly look forward to hearing your classical guitar again in the near future. -- Charlie

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
+1.

I saw that in an email from Union Music today. A local icon!

walrus

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wishing Carl all the best in his retirement. He was a pleasure to deal with during the the dozen or so guitars that passed though here on their way to other LTGers during the New Hartford closeout.

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Carl was at LMG IV and handled my purchase of my F47 there. All the best to him on his retirement.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Got 3 through Carl during the plant closing and he honored the price on one, although he quoted me a lesser price. He also took the unfortunately flawed M-75 back with no problem.

Good guy.

Last edited: