Maple Junior Jumbo

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
http://guildguitars.com/g/jumbo-junior-maple/

I played one of these yesterday, a small local shop is starting to carry MIC Guilds. "Designed in California"...

It sounded fabulous for its size. Big punchy tone, has a decent pickup too. Just too damn small for me, but I was definitely impressed. My wife really dug it so I might snag it for her someday.

If a shop near you carries Cordoba products, a good chance you will start to see the MIC Guilds, or Westerly collection Guilds. Now they also had a MIC D40 and F40, but both were not great. I forget the model #s...but that Maple jumbo junior just had a great vibe. It made me realize part of the why Cordoba bought the Guild brand, as the MIC production is rocking and a good guitar for the money. great value point.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Dude, they're not that expensive and if they sound somewhat good.... I'd get one of them. Just GET IT.... C'MON!! GET IT!! The kids can have new clothes next year.... right???

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
WW, appreciate the testimony... have the seen the JJs going for very few $$ used,
wondered if they were any good... now will have to find one and check it out for myself.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
There is the maple then there is the hog back and sides. I would like to try that one too. The arched back offers these littles power. I just wish it was a bit longer. 😀

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You wish it was longer WHY?? That scale length would be a huge draw for me. Like playing with a capo, dude!! Except you don't have to have one!!

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know, Woody, but that's a tiny price to pay to give the wifey a present that'd light her up, plus you'd get to play it too. Drop everything and buy it.

I have to buy a new condo just to make mine stop yelling at me. ;)

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...but that Maple jumbo junior just had a great vibe.

I've always looked at these with curiosity. Or is it lust? They've got the right shape. And the prices they're going for are downright coercive. Yeah, I think you've got to pick one of these up, Wood. Without further ado!

F312

Reaction score
How do the newer GAD models stack up to the older GAD models? Were they all made at the same factory?

Ralph

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
How do the newer GAD models stack up to the older GAD models? Were they all made at the same factory?

Ralph

I think (95% certainty) we deduced that they are, based on inspection stickers.
"Grand Reward" is the factory.
There were spec changes between the 3 different series primarily in details like binding and saddle/nut material, fretboard inlays, tuners=?.
Owner satisfaction feedback seemed consistent in all 3 series.
Apologies but too lazy to search for the confirming threads at the moment.

Last edited:

F312

Reaction score
I think (95% certainty) we deduced that they are, based on inspection stickers.
"Grand Reward" is the factory.
There were spec changes between the 3 different series primarily in details like binding and saddle/nut material, fretboard inlays, tuners=?.
Owner satisfaction feedback seemed consistent in all 3 series.
Apologies but too lazy to search for the confirming threads at the moment.

No apology needed, I understand.
I did search without finding any details on builds. Anything I did find was hype on sellers part.

Ralph

GF60

Reaction score
Guild Total
If this model were EVER offered in a 12 string, I would buy one in a heartbeat!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
No apology needed, I understand.
I did search without finding any details on builds. Anything I did find was hype on sellers part.

Ralph

I should clarify and say I mean we deduced all 3 series were built at Grand Rewards.
I distinctly remember a comparison of an inspection sticker found in a Cordoba-badged "Westerly series" to one found in a GAD and they were identical.
Do search here for posts by SFIV1967 containing "GAD", he's posted a lot of hard info about 'em.