John Mayer

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Saw John Mayer last night. Guy puts in a killer show!

The guitarist in the opening band even had a NS Starfire.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
My wife doesn't like him because of his messed up relationship with Jennifer Aniston.

I've seen a few of his videos, so I know he can play well. The young ladies seem to like him. :)

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Most of his music doesn't speak to me (much like DMB), but John has tremendous chops no doubt.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
when John Mayer's music first came out, I thought he was pretty good. since that time, he has dated Tayor Swift, joined the remaining members of the Grateful Dead, had Fender and Martin develop signature guitars/guitar models for him, and has amassed a $10,000,000+ wristwatch collection.

so i guess he is more than pretty good.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Won free tickets to see Train and Mayer a few years ago at the PNC Arts Center here in NJ. Train was pretty good. The mix on Mayer was horrible! The bass drum was so loud it was painful. We had "lawn" seats, I can't imagine was it was like down in the amphitheater! After two songs we left. (The other factor was the thousands of drunk off there posteriors, young ladies stumbling around and falling over everything. While I found this mildly amusing, the wife was very much disgusted.)

pnc.jpg

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
We were at PNC. I will not do lawn seats and I'm glad I didn't because there were about 12 million people there.

Drunk people suck and they were out in force. I'll never understand paying $100-200 for a concert only to get so hammered that you don't remember it.

I wear earplugs at concerts. Too much time playing with a half stack in my youth.