"The One" has a sister

fweezal

Reaction score
A little while ago, I posted a thread that I had found "The One". Recently, I came across an OM-140 for an absolute steal. Now, "The One" has a little sister! Have a look.

jmascis

Reaction score
I named my new D-40 "Olie", after Oliver Twist, because this guitar was neglected/orphaned by the owner. He never played it...brand new even tho it's a '10. I feel like I adopted it.

Last edited:

fweezal

Reaction score
I named my new D-40 "Olie", after Oliver Twist, because this guitar was neglected/orphaned by the owner. He never played it...brand new even tho it's a '10. I feel like I adopted it.

I know how you feel. The OM-140 came in covered with dust, fingerprints, dull & tarnished frets, and very old strings that looked tarnished - in general, pretty neglected. I think it sat in the corner of room as a demo that was over-priced. Finally, it developed a hairline crack from the bottom of the bridge to the purfling so the place decided to take my lowball offer. I stabilized the crack (that's barely noticeable) and I saved myself $350 in the process. She's all polished up with new strings, inlays, a Pearse armrest, and I have a Fishman Sonitone ordered for it. Now that it's being humidified, the crack is even less noticeable. I can feel it more than see it.