Real Me

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Is this one of us? If not, it should be, playing a B301, with another B30x in the wings. One of the dozen or so great songs from Quadrophenia.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
One of my favorite tune off that album. The ending jam where they all hammer the chords for the last verse is amazing. All if them in total sync. Brilliant. That tiny piece of that song might have been the instigator to grunge. Tgat was like heavy rock for The Who, considering tommy and who's next were such acoustic driven albums. Quado was rock.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Those masks are distracting me ! Is one of them going to move ? Will they break into song, like some Muppet sketch ?

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This guy posted a bass track to something.... can't remember what a while back. It was fun to watch. Yeah, he's one of "us".... LOL!!

His name is Troy. LTG name is TJH3113. He posted the Lido Shuffle most recently.....

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
That was cool!

One of the best descriptions I've ever read about The Who is that they were four guys soloing for the entire song.

Last edited:

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I love the version of The Real Me from the Quadrophenia film soundtrack: it's got the full-stop ending! And a different bass track too.

-Dave-

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Non-original bridge and missing a dot at the 12th fret.

Thank god my band has never wanted to do that song! Can you imagine trying to learn that?

This is the hardest song I've ever learned.