That is a nice looking ol flat top Guild, but the shirt is sweet...

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
16TyASj.png

Last edited:

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
Wood - I must respectfully disagree. A flat top Guild guitar is great for so many requirements - quiet strumming or finger picking, joyous celebration in a classic rock song, a humble Christmas carol or a historic folk song all the way to Delta Blues and more. In essence, functional and fitting for all occasions.
The shirt therefore should be as well, so .... the requirement is a light blue oxford cloth. Good for dress or casual, simple and yet worthy of celebration. It fits in everywhere.

The only thing more frightening than a plaid shirt would be polka dots or a Hello Kitty print......... IMHO :) (then again, maybe that is why my family thinks I am a grumpy old man....)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
so .... the requirement is a light blue oxford cloth. Good for dress or casual, simple and yet worthy of celebration. It fits in everywhere.

The only thing more frightening than a plaid shirt would be polka dots or a Hello Kitty print......... IMHO :) (then again, maybe that is why my family thinks I am a grumpy old man....)
...with a closet full of light blue oxford cloth shirts.
Live a little, treat yourself to some raw silk with patterns:
silk-shirts-500x500.jpg

Last edited:

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Indeed, "a nice looking ol' flat top Guild."

But the '80's called - they want their shirt back......

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I wish I still had that shirt. I have one plaid shirt left, it's a short sleeve too.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The '10s called and they want that '80s plaid shirt NOW! :)

Sad about the big hair though. :)

How soon we forget plaid was the badge and uniform of Grunge, and Kurt and Eddie were our arbiters of fashion:

kurt-cobain-charles-peterson-flashbox-650.jpg

7d22a89cb5686e1253f0be7e076069ad--pearl-jam-shirt-pearl-jam-lyrics.jpg

And that was the '90's, thus proving the timelessness of plaid.
The fact that I'm a Scot has nothing to with it.

Even Roger Daltrey's succumbed to the allure:
0edd0542d7b58158d4ad7cf6024b4bbe--roger-daltrey-the-who.jpg

geoguy

Reaction score
Some of us are quite fond of plaid shirts . . . are youse guys suggesting that LL Bean isn't exactly high fashion nowadays?

Sal

Reaction score
I remember back in the 80s walking down the street with a band mate and when I predicted that plaid flannel shirts would come into fashion one day soon he laughed at me. We were both wearing bold paisley shirts at the time.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
the overall consensus i am getting is that shirt really makes my D25 Br look great! oh, funny related story, which is LTG speak for a strong veer...

i wore a maddress sportcoat all thru high school. the day i graduated, my dad walked over to me, asked for the jacket. i took it off and handed it to him. he turned and walked straight to the nearest trash dumpster, and threw it in.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
the overall consensus i am getting is that shirt really makes my D25 Br look great! oh, funny related story, which is LTG speak for a strong veer...

i wore a maddress sportcoat all thru high school. the day i graduated, my dad walked over to me, asked for the jacket. i took it off and handed it to him. he turned and walked straight to the nearest trash dumpster, and threw it in.

If it was this one, he did you a favor:
m3GCrEvcCXelv7fgvjIhYBA.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
You mean "madras" sport coat? I'd hate to take "mad dress" literally...

walrus