Well it's done, Glenn is gone

CA-35

Reaction score
Glen has passed. RIP my brother..........

glen-campbell-1024.jpg

Last edited:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Watched the movie on Netflix. Very good story of his later life, battle with altzheimers, his kids...real moving. What a great way to go, actually being able to do an album and say Adios.
that is rare!

Last edited:

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Remember watching his show as a kid... if memory serves
he helped put Ovation on the map. My wife said
when she was teenager she thought he was most handsome
man on TV she'd ever seen... RIP GC.

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Glen Campbell was a legend while he lived. We all feel the loss and yet I can't help but imagine his family can now be at peace with good memories.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
As has been said, we knew this was coming, but it doesn't make it any easier. What a RUDE disease! RIP, Glenn. Thanks for all the wonderful music!!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
R.I.P. Glen. The Rhinestone Cowboy. The Wichita Lineman. Gentle On My Mind. And, formerly sang with the Beach Boys.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
What an Amazing Man, Songwriter, and Musician. I hate to hear he is gone. Thoughts and Prayers to his friends and Family in this time. I know he battled his Alzheimers to the end but I feel like the last two years he said good bye on his own terms in spite of the disease. That is a rare place to walk where only Giants roam. RIP Glenn, thanks for all the memories and inspiration.

Just North of Galveston

TX

Last edited:

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I never followed him much but he sure did have some great tunes. I never realized until recently was a fantastic guitar player he was. I had always considered him more a vocalist with some really big hits. Once again, it proves how little I know about so many things.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
We saw him locally on his goodbye tour in the fall of 2012 and it was bittersweet.

Here's what I posted then: It was a loving and elegiac farewell from his fans. It was hard to keep dry eyes during the stumbles, but every once in a while, the old Glen peeked out, and laid out a really nice guitar solo, or a beautifully sung line.

He got pretty agitated during his last number, hollering offstage for his guitar, and the band wrapped it up pretty quick.

He was playing with three of his kids in the band (two sons and a daughter), and his music director of 35 years, T. J. Kuenster.

Shortly after that I got interested in The Wrecking Crew Kickstarter project, and found out what a big role he played in the studio in the '60's.

Here is an astounding list of his musical credits on AllMusic.

Reaction score
A phenomenal talent! Guitarist, vocalist, actor! Recorded not only hits, but some iconic songs that have stood, and will stand, the test of time! His work with 'The Wrecking Crew" was amazing, his solo work outstanding...his personal life had its many ups and downs...all-in-all, A Very Big Life!
And he was able, with the loving support of friends and family, to do a few projects wrapping up his professional life, and saying goodbye to his fans! THAT'S amazing! So few get to do that!
Thank you Glen Campbell!