Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this mean...

Does this mean...

...that these are actually going to start showing up in music stores anytime soon?

http://guildguitars.com/g/starfire-b...emerald-green/

Hmmmmmm...

Blog Entries
    I'd expect them in the stores, probably late fall, if prior experience with NAMM announcements is an guide. Lucky I am downsizing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgod View Post
    What he said.

'67 Starfire I Bass (Cherry)
    '71 JS II Bass (Walnut)
    '82 B-50 Acoustic Bass (Natural)
    '87 Pilot (Black)
    '13 Newark Street Starfire Bass (Cherry)
    '16 Betts Bass "Walnut Bottom"

LMG I, II, III

This space available.

i saw one on ebay or reverb

If you click on the one listed in Reverb, it takes you to a red SF IV guitar. Not sure what's up with that.

Ain't nothing like the real thing.

Sandy

'59 X175AB, '68 SFII Bass (Green), '73 D50NT, '82 Mark V, '87 Pilot SB602M, '88 Pilot SB602M, '10 F512NT,
    '11 F50ce Std (Sunburst) '13 R30S (Resonator), '13 B54ce Std Bass, '13 Orpheum Jumbo Prototype

Idk twocorgis, I personally think the green on these new versions is a much more pleasant color. Yours does look to be in incredible condition though.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota Flats View Post
    If you click on the one listed in Reverb, it takes you to a red SF IV guitar. Not sure what's up with that.
    saw that. odd. there's also one on ebay, "refurbished."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wisconsindead View Post
    Idk twocorgis, I personally think the green on these new versions is a much more pleasant color. Yours does look to be in incredible condition though.
    In ancient times there was a debate on the fabled green because some pictures of 50+ year old instruments appear faded according to memories of them when they were new. The conclusions were a) that the original finish was on both maple and mahogany bodied instruments and then green on maple was a tad brighter and b) the finish can fade over the the years to the point that twocorgi's instrument sailed under the radar because the seller advertised it as black.

I personally prefer the "new" color but green was never a favorite. In the event that I buy a new Starfire Bass it would have to be a (currently non-existent) blue Starfire II and I would have to convince myself that the color and second pickup make in an upgrade from a NS Starfire Bass I.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgod View Post
    What he said.

'67 Starfire I Bass (Cherry)
    '71 JS II Bass (Walnut)
    '82 B-50 Acoustic Bass (Natural)
    '87 Pilot (Black)
    '13 Newark Street Starfire Bass (Cherry)
    '16 Betts Bass "Walnut Bottom"

LMG I, II, III

This space available.

I'm gonna have to side with Sandy on this one. I think dark, mysterious old Greenie will always take the cake. Hope to take her for a spin someday!
    It's cool that they're doing different color options for the new SFB-II now, but of the choices available I think I'd still go with the natural finish if buying an NS

Quote Originally Posted by mellowgerman View Post
    I'm gonna have to side with Sandy on this one. I think dark, mysterious old Greenie will always take the cake. Hope to take her for a spin someday!
    It's cool that they're doing different color options for the new SFB-II now, but of the choices available I think I'd still go with the natural finish if buying an NS
    I'm also sure it looks much better "in person".
    In any case I've become a lot more tolerant about colors over the years, such as in automobiles, finally trusting that certain makers consistently offer aesthetically tasteful colors even if initially I think I wouldn't want to own the color.
    Westerly was definitely one of those makers when it comes to guitars.
    Even the "hair band" electrics.
    Al
    "Time May Change the Technique of Music But Never Its Mission " - Rachmaninoff
    My 1st Guild: '96 Westerly D25NT "Hally" (10-31-96 stamped on heelblock)
    #2: '01 Westerly F65ce "Blondie"
    #3: '03 Corona D40e Richie Havens "Richie"
    All bought new!