Interesting Bit Regarding Action on Acoustics

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Al, when there are so many rabbit holes available for me to run down, the rabbits simply stop mattering. ;~}

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Take the blue pill!!!!! :)

Is that the one that makes you larger or is it the other one?

You could try the one below but I've been told it does nothing.

daa3af02a562c89057608d984676635cc0a76e19_oskar-pils.png

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Follow the White one.
Good call. At least the white rabbit, as pompous and obsequious as he was, provided Alice a legitimate reason to go down that particular rabbit hole. Some of us just jump, first, with or without actual evidence of rabbit presence...

Take the blue pill!!!!! :)
And, as tempted as Neo was to permanently remain in his fantasy by merely swallowing the blue pill, his quest for answers ultimately led to another choice.

Is that the one that makes you larger or is it the other one?
Alice: potion to shrink, cake to grow
Neo: blue pill to stay in the Matrix, red pill to awaken

{...I am suddenly disturbed by the fact that I know these things...}

You could try the one below but I've been told it does nothing...
It makes me wonder...might the recommendation be six or seven Mama's Yellow Pills prior to launching a rant, or after launch?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
It makes me wonder...might the recommendation be six or seven Mama's Yellow Pills prior to launching a rant, or after launch?

Coming from Colorado where some peaks can stay snowbound year-round, I'd Watch out Where the the Huskies go, and don't you drink that Yellow Pils.

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Coming from Colorado where some peaks can stay snowbound year-round, I'd Watch out Where the the Huskies go, and don't you drink that Yellow Pils.
Glad you pointed that out, Al, what a gloriously hopeful thought...my peak may also be snowbound! Thinking lower, my daughter has two Huskies and I generally avoid yellow anything around them. Good advice, as Al ways. ;~}

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, I mixed "Through the Looking Glass" with "The Matrix" and all hell broke loose. ;)

Actually, I liked fro's response! :) And, Al is right... Don't drink that yellow pils [snow]. :)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Yup, I mixed "Through the Looking Glass" with "The Matrix" and all hell broke loose. ;)
Actually, the rabbit hole is in (or rather, leads to) Wonderland.
Through the Looking Glass introduces us to Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, reciting the story of the Walrus and the Carpenter , who, speaking of little blue pills, engage in an oyster-eating contest:
220px-Briny_Beach.jpg

I will now proceed to inaugurate the internet myth that this chapter mystically forecast a tryst between Paul McCartney and Karen Carpenter some 100 years after publication...

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, the rabbit hole is in (or rather, leads to) Wonderland.
Through the Looking Glass introduces us to Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, reciting the story of the Walrus and the Carpenter , who, speaking of little blue pills, engage in an oyster-eating contest:
220px-Briny_Beach.jpg

I will now proceed to inaugurate the internet myth that this chapter mystically forecast a tryst between Paul McCartney and Karen Carpenter some 100 years after publication...

Son of a gun! Good catch, Al.

Such bizarre stuff. I have a feeling that Lewis Carroll partook of many types of pills, including blue and red, not to mention mushrooms and probably every other kind of psychedelic he could find.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Such bizarre stuff. I have a feeling that Lewis Carroll partook of many types of pills, including blue and red, not to mention mushrooms and probably every other kind of psychedelic he could find.
I think Grace herself is the author of that myth, having made similar comments when questioned about the inspiration for "White Rabbit".
I suspect Grace was either simply speculating and/or knowingly tweaking the establishment's nose by disputing the innocence of the imagery in ALICE, which was even glorified in film by that ultimate arbiter of "family values", Disney, while "the establishment" vilified the drug use of the current generation of fantasy weavers of pop music.
Grace always did like to provoke debate with ironic rhetoric.
While I wanted to subscribe to the myth myself, some research into Carroll's background tends to refute the myth.
NO mention of substance use or abuse.
I thought he might have been part of Coleridge's literary circle, who was a notorious opiate user, but Coleridge died right about 2 years after Carroll was born.
What does come up in Carroll's bio is that he may have had migraines or an unusual form of epilepsy that could cause some of the distorted perceptions described in Alice's adventures.
What doesn't come in up in his Wiki bio is that he did live in an era when laudanum, tincture of opium, was about as widely used as aspirin is today, and with about the same level of social acceptance.
So even if he did use laudanum it may not have been perceived as something worth noting biographically.
I don't know, does this look like the face of an opium fiend to you?:

220px-Lewis_Carroll_1863.jpg

Personally I think it's all a result of of the mind-bending exercises involved in coming up with the early version of Scrabble.

You'd have to be Mad as a Hatter to try something like that........

tumblr_o454i66SqH1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Last edited:

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
...NO mention of substance use or abuse.

Personally I think it's all a result of of the min-bending exercises involved in coming up with the early version of Scrabble...

Or perhaps he too was wondering why, like the OP, as the bridge settles in the first 90 days, the action will lower.

jmascis

Reaction score
Or perhaps he too was wondering why, like the OP, as the bridge settles in the first 90 days, the action will lower.

Well the topic has strayed a bit, but it's all been pretty interesting. Learned some things.
Guitar history is fascinating.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
PS I wanna know if Lloyd Loar's creative genius was unleashed during a frantic bout of musical saw playing.
From the "usual source":
"Loar was also a well-regarded musician on mandolin, viola, and musical saw."
Those things're even more dangerous to tender young psyches than accordions.

jmascis

Reaction score
PS I wanna know if Lloyd Loar's creative genius was unleashed during a frantic bout of musical saw playing.
From the "usual source":
"Loar was also a well-regarded musician on mandolin, viola, and musical saw."
Those things're even more dangerous to tender young psyches than accordions.

Saw is the weirdest instrument. The only modern band I heard playing one was Neutral Milk Hotel.

It looks impossible to play, and this from a guy who plays like 5 difficult instruments. It's up there with theremin and sounds a lot like it.