How many where made

Reaction score
I bought a GF-60 Guild Guitar serial # GF600044 back in 1987 it is all one wood color and has Diamond Pearl inlay fret markers with hard shell case with the Guild Logo I can't find any photos of this guitar anywhere. The GF-60's that I found where two wood colors and didn't have the Diamond inlays.Can anyone tell me how many they made of this style it seems to be very rare.

Last edited:

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG!

Sounds like a GF-60M, where M stands for maple (there were also mahogany and rosewood versions? Beesley's a little confusing here). According to Beesley, maple GF-60s were made from '87-'89, but SN lists only show numbers for '87 & '88. It appears that 48 maple instruments (GF-60M) were made in '87... and the '88 SN list goes to GF600082. But, the SNs appear to be comingled with the rosewood version in '88, so the actual number of maple instruments might be less (or more, since we know the SN lists are not always accurate). So, I'd say more than 50 but less than 100. Member Hans Moust might know...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gf-60m

Thank You GardMan You were right, Talked with Hans Moust & He confirmed it was a GF-60M He gave my alot of info. ...Great Guy !!

Reaction score
Thank you GardMan you were right I confirmed this with Hans Moust after sending in photos...Great Guy with lots of info on my guitar.

Reaction score
Thank You davismanLV I confirmed this with Hans Moust I saw the add did Tom in Vegas sell the guitar or just take it off the market if sold how much did it go for?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thank You davismanLV I confirmed this with Hans Moust I saw the add did Tom in Vegas sell the guitar or just take it off the market if sold how much did it go for?

It wasn't Tom's (DavismanLV) guitar he was just showing you the listing for comparison to yours.