Reaction score
Guild Total
Let's see...

Wrong name
Wrong address
Wrong call tag number
Wrong shipped from address

USPS still gave it to the guy and....
If the postmaster (after being contacted by the manager of USPS consumer affairs at my insistence)

This had to happen for you to get them to see the error of their ways and DO something ?

jcwu

Reaction score
Yes, the other USPS customer did open the box, remove the F-50R, and play it for six days without alerting USPS that they had been given the wrong package.

Could be he was following proper unboxing procedure and waited 24 hours before opening the box. So only five days of strumming. :)

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
i would think u could take the local USPS to small claims court for the cost of all of your time spent, the money and interest lost when u lost sale number 2 when it did not get back on time, the extra play wear that the guitar encountered, any extra wear and tear on the case, your emotional agony, plus a full refund for all shipping charges you and the original buyer paid...they would probably just pay out upon the summons, i would guess. someone should probably lose their job over this, would be my attitiude.

also technically (to my understanding) this story you were told could be true or false...or slightly modified.

as to the Guild double neck that Tex mentioned which mysteriously disappeared (right around the same part of the country, too, i believe) if I were the guy that lost that, i'd be giving Neal's postmaster a call!

Neal

Reaction score
Neal, I am curious about something. Are you entitled to any legal course of action against the individual who unboxed and played the guitar for 6 days without even notifying USPS of the mistake? I could understand if they were out of town and the box hadn't been opened but clearly they knew this was not their guitar upon opening the box yet they continued to play the instrument for almost a week. It is obvious that they had no intentions of notifying USPS or returning it. If the postmaster had not tracked it down they would still be playing it and not reporting it. Isn't that in itself a crime that can be prosecuted to some extent or at the least have charges levied against them? There should at the least be some course of action to discourage that individual from thinking they could do that again. I understand that 6 days is not a long time but they still by playing the instrument used an item that wasn't theirs and put play wear on the instrument itself. As the owner of that instrument shouldn't you be entitled to reimbursement for the playing time they put on a guitar that wasn't theirs to play? I'm not trying to be a jerk about it but someone with no intention of doing the right thing should be held accountable in my opinion in some form at the least.

However, I am really glad you got her back and hope this never happens to anyone again. I still have nightmares about the Guild Crossroads that a member here shipped USPS without insurance or signature delivery that never made it to it's destination and is still to my knowledge missing in the postal system a year later.

TX

The whole deal was pretty exhausting, so i am cool with getting it back unscathed.

And in defense of the postmaster, she has only been on the job for a month and is still drinking through the firehose.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The whole deal was pretty exhausting, so i am cool with getting it back unscathed.

And in defense of the postmaster, she has only been on the job for a month and is still drinking through the firehose.

I actually applaud the Postmaster because she is the one that hunted down your property and made things right albeit a little late to respond but still. I am almost certain that she wasn't the one who gave the other person the wrong box either. All is well that ends well!

TX

jcwu

Reaction score
United Breaks Guitars.

United States Postal Service Gives Away Guitars.

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

geoguy

Reaction score
What a remarkable tale.

And my apologies to Default, this instrument indeed did not go missing due to employee theft . . .

Good luck, Retro Rocker!

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yep!
That's what I meant about the Tom Petty lyrics...
"The wa-ai-ting is the hard-dest part...." LOL!
UPS says it should be here by Monday.

oh sweet, cant wait to hear the good news! this F50R now has even a better story getting to you.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guitar was trashed in shipment. Was involved in a traffic accident somewhere between here and Texas. No D50 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( No Adirondack :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( no nuthin' but firewood :( :( :( :( :( :(
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually, the UPS truck was in a serious accident. So I am not the only one who's not getting a package. :( The seller has already refunded my money. I guess I'll have to go shopping again later. :mrgreen:

More here:
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?145766-D50-Bluegrass-Special

Reaction score
Jeeze, Al...you're not trying to jinx it, are you? Chill!
For every bad story, there are untold thousands of stories of deliveries that went without a hitch!
And this will be one of them!
This poor axe has had it's fair share of drama already, and survived...it doesn't need any 'negative waves'! (delivered in my best Donald Sutherland imitation).

OK..so maybe a positive thought or two wouldn't hurt...just to be on the safe side! ;)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That really isn't very nice Al, At least wait to post stuff like that until after delivery has been overdue for a few days, LOL! Retro, That poor F50R has already been on a journey of self discovery, I think it can make a straight shot across the country just fine. Hoping the best for you new acquisition and it's safe Journey to you.

TX

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Retro, congrats on the F-50R! hopefully u don't try to return it :biggrin-new:

Seriously though, maybe this will be the first song you play on her

Neal

Reaction score
That F-50R has nine lives. I was tempted to keep it, but felt that I needed to honor my word to sell it to Retro if it ever was found.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
This poor axe has had it's fair share of drama already, and survived...it doesn't need any 'negative waves'! (delivered in my best Donald Sutherland imitation).
Just call me Moriarty.

20108893.gif

Changed his name to Stubing after the war and became Captain of the Pacific Princess, aka "the Love Boat".

That really isn't very nice Al, At least wait to post stuff like that until after delivery has been overdue for a few days, LOL!
308e6f20285d42114d22f44bae871164.jpg

"I'm a B-a-a-d Boy."

That F-50R has nine lives. I was tempted to keep it, but felt that I needed to honor my word to sell it to Retro if it ever was found.
And you're a true gentleman!

Last edited: