Terrible Week

F312

Reaction score
Do you owe someone money Al? Seriously is this a local thing taking place to everyone.

Ralph

Opsimath

Reaction score
Well, in fact, I actually suffered my 6th tire puncture in 5 months today, so was having a pretty bad morning myself, but this thread quickly "readjusted my perspective".
GAD knows I actually have regular job, I've just got the luxury of being able to post from my desk between tasks.
Otherwise I probably would be up for makin' a little extra on the side, if it would help at all.
My sympathies GAD.

Maybe you should have gotten Michelin.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should have gotten Michelin.
You been hangin' round with that Bluesypicky fella lately, haven'tcha?
Nope, loyal Bridgestone user, and I got road hazard warranty when I bought the set, but it's still a time-consuming PITA to deal with.
In any case the problem is with Tesla conducting their crate dismantling operation right next to our access right of way on the edge of their new plant. 4 out of 5 of 'em have been woodscrews from those crates.
After the first 2 I figured, "What are the odds of it continuing?"
The alternative on the other side is a driveway where Seagate (formerly the notorious Solyndra plant) just installed 3 speed bumps on that driveway.
Think about it:
If you only go in and out twice a day, that's still about 1500 speedbumps a year, pure hell on a suspension, (and gas and brakes for slow down/speed up going up and down the hill when before I could just coast in and out), I don't care how slow you go.
I'm f---ed either way.
And it torques me greatly.

Do you owe someone money Al? Seriously is this a local thing taking place to everyone.

Ralph

Now you know.
Yes we've talked to Tesla.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks all.

Al - I'll be in the data center (where I am right now) trying to make up time. Thanks, though. At least there's WiFi so I can take a break now and again. Data centers are giant time isolation experiments, so I force myself around 7-8pm to go outside to remind myself that the sun actually goes down.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thanks all.

Al - I'll be in the data center (where I am right now) trying to make up time. Thanks, though. At least there's WiFi so I can take a break now and again. Data centers are giant time isolation experiments, so I force myself around 7-8pm to go outside to remind myself that the sun actually goes down.

I'll have a clove cigarette in your honor.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Bummer, Gary. Still, you gotta be grateful that it could have been worse, esp. if they had gotten a hold of personal info that ends in the non-stop cycle of identity theft. A hot pink guitar is a nice pick me up.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
man that sucks to hear. just happy they didnt steal a guitar