Guild Franz Thunderbird ST prototype

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just curious, how do you know it's a prototype?

You're looking at a Guild T-Bird, made in 2016 from their Newark ST. Collection Series of guitars. Serial Number: KWM1600871

The condition of this is good and has never been previously owned. This item is a prototype and is considered a BSTOCK.

Above from the seller. They are a liquidator, in Corona and I am pretty sure we have seen them used before by Corona to offload instruments that do not belong in the retail sales chain.

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
"Includes Córdoba's B-Stock 60-day limited warranty for manufacturing defects from original date of purchase"

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Above from the seller. They are a liquidator, in Corona and I am pretty sure we have seen them used before by Corona to offload instruments that do not belong in the retail sales chain.

Actually they are located in Oxnard, CA. instead of Corona Frono but I see where that could get mixed up. I have purchased from this seller "Acousticsales" in the past and they are excellent to deal with. Fast shipping, Great packaging, and great communication. If there is something on a guitar that they did not mention that is an issues they will pay for return shipping or pay to have repaired properly. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

TX

matsickma

Reaction score
What caught my eye origionally was the neck DOT fret markers! All the standard production Thunderbirds if this type have the BLOCK fret markers. Looking more closely l noticed it had a BLACK pickguard in lieu of the production model TORTOISE style pickguard. Finally the last non Production feature were the INLINE control arrangement verses the production SIDE-BY-SIDE Vol/Tone and Pickup Selector Switch / Input Jack.

Fortunately the advertisement also stated the guitar was a PROTOTYPE.

M

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Actually they are located in Oxnard, CA. instead of Corona Frono but I see where that could get mixed up

Yes they are and my brain knew better because we had previously ferreted out the link to Cordoba because of the mutual Oxnard location. But sometimes my fingers type what they want and my proofreading is lacking.

Thanks.

:)