Bridge Pin Question

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
So, a while back I bought a JV 72 from a gentleman. He also sold me a DV 73 and a 45th Anniversary Guild. He was/is a Luthier/Guitar Tech and did some nice things including putting a turquoise inlay on the head of each bridge pin. I thought it looked spectacular and really went well with the other turquoise inlays.

He told me he would make me a similar set of bridge pins for my DV 72 and he did and again I thought they were spectacular. Unfortunately, I had to sell that DV 72 (to a LTG member) along with a 2nd DV 72 I had to pay for some dog health care costs.

But, I really missed the DV 72 and found myself Jonesin' for another. I recently found it and I should get it tomorrow.

The same gent that did the bridge pin inlays no longer has material and is spending basically 100% of his time taking care of his wife who has significant health issues.

I'd like to find someone to do the same bridge pin inlays on the DV 72 I'll receive tomorrow and in fact would love to have the coral look done on my DV 73 as well.

Do any of you know any place that might do something like that?????????????????????????????

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Gurian has bone bridge pins with 3mm turquoise dots... the set I got from them was very nice, but the turquoise they used has no black veining. Here's a pic...

162395949.jpg

I wanted the veined look to match the turquoise used on my DVs, so I got a set (actually two, one in black horn and one in bone) from England's Custom Inlay... I don't think you will find them in their on-line store, but when I inquired, they made me a set. They are nice, and I like the turquoise better. Here's the black horn on my DV-73 (I don't have a pic of the bone/turquoise from England)...

162396773.jpg

(I like the head shape better on the Gurian pins, but the turquoise better on the England pins). I had matching end pins made, as well. Still have extra end pins from Gurian... as I had to order 6 minimum!

Good luck!