How long have you owned the F-44: 20+ years
Year & specific model: 1984 F-44 Blonde (Amber finish was also an available option on this guitar)
Purchased new or used: Used
Price paid: $1,200 + $100 shipping / insurance

Owners rate 1 (least appreciated) to 10 (most appreciated) in following categories with comments as desired:

Build quality: 10 (5 means average to me)
Looks: 12+ (The best looking Guild I have ever seen, or owned)
Projection: 8
Bass: 8
Mids: 8
Highs: 8
Sustain: 8
Playability/comfort: 10
Dependability: 9
Fingerstyle: 8
Flatpick: (I don't Flatpick)
Strum: ???

Condition (Mint/Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor): Good

Favorite Strings (one selection only): On this guitar I prefer GHS Vintage Bronze, Light Gauge to cut down on some of the "chime" that maple guitars are known for.

Would you buy another if lost/sold: Yes

Overall Assessment: In my opinion, the F-42 (mahogany) , F-44 (maple), and F-46 (rosewood), remain the best Guild design efforts ever. I wish I had one of each for bragging rights.

Most Appreciated Characteristic: The 16" lower bout design along with the 3 1/2" to 4 1/2" body depth taper, is the sweet spot for me in guitar size. It's much more comfortable to handle than the larger F-50 jumbo sized guitars.

Least Appreciated: The nickel plated "waffle" tuners. I need to clean them with every string change, but the do look damn cool once they are polished up. :-)

Favorite F-44 Story/Moment:

Other observations/comments: The "snake" headstock design on these guitars might be a turn-off to those who are use to seeing the traditional "paddle" headstock. But I have grown to prefer the "snake" headstock as it provides more of a balanced look and feel to the guitar.