I need to join the club

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Vintage for sure. Good luck! Besides the D-25 model you might also see if you can find a D-15, D-35, or G-37, all of which may be in that price range.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Haha, you're probably younger than about 90% of us here!

So I turned my buddy on to a blue F65CE on local CL a few years ago that he ended up buying for $400! Kicking myself for not just buying it myself, but it was a time of "no money." I'm glad my friend could grab it. Of course, it's like new. The guy came over to my house and we test drove it through my Crate Acoustic amp.

Just hang out for awhile and you'll find a nice Guild at a decent price. We'll help you.

Maloburro

Reaction score
GC has a D4 at 349.00. I sent an email to see what's wrong. After tax and shipping it will be $400. I picked up a sweet Tweed case today since the girl I sold the other two needed a case I sold her my only acoustic case.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
GC has a D4 at 349.00. I sent an email to see what's wrong. After tax and shipping it will be $400. I picked up a sweet Tweed case today since the girl I sold the other two needed a case I sold her my only acoustic case.
You might want to call GC tomorrow for an in hand Q&A. I don't know how responsive or timely they are to emails. Just pick a time earlier, before it gets too crowded.

The good thing about GC is their return policy.

Last edited:

Maloburro

Reaction score
I spoke with Guitar Center about the D4, it has a lot of issues, so many I forgot to ask about a case. He said it plays well but it has had the top refinished over some heavy strum marks in the wood, it has a neck reset, and it has a crack that runs through all 6 bridgepin anchor points. At $250 I might take the chance but $350 plus tax and shipping seems too risky when I could put that money towards something well cared for.

Chris, I saw the ebay link you had sent earlier and I read the thread you linked. Thanks for that. With a neck reset needed soon, that seems to be too much for what it is as well. I'll just try to be patient until something comes along. The D4s I see pop up in the 4-500 range on Craigslist seem to go pretty quickly.

I saw this one. It's about 90 miles from me. The action looks awfully high at the 12th fret and missing cap and strap pin seem odd.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Good-Ol-Ame...207521?hash=item3d4165fb21:g:AaAAAOSwsXVZamxu

Thanks again for everyone's help with this!

Last edited: