NS Guild manufacturing defects?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
To be fair, this is not the first complaint about NS Guilds. I've had issues, and remember the guy with the off-center headstock veneer? I'm sure there are others. Those are what come to mind.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The guitar was inspected by #11 and found fit to ship to American consumers.
Man that #11 gets around.
Before he worked in Takata's airbag plant, and the outfit that made the the O-rings for United Technologies' shuttle booster rocket division, and Chernobyl's reactor room, he was on Ford's Pinto production line.
He comes from a long line of QC inspectors: His daddy certified the welds on the Titanic's bulkheads and a distant ancestor supervised the construction of the footings that eventually failed, causing London Bridge to fall down.
I found his tag in a pair of brand new pants once and I couldn't return 'em because the seams came apart while I was trying to put 'em back in their package.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Man that #11 gets around.
Before he worked in Takata's airbag plant, and the outfit that made the the O-rings for United Technologies' shuttle booster rocket division, and Chernobyl's reactor room, he was on Ford's Pinto production line.
He comes from a long line of QC inspectors: His daddy certified the welds on the Titanic's bulkheads and a distant ancestor supervised the construction of the footings that eventually failed, causing London Bridge to fall down.
I found his tag in a pair of brand new pants once and I couldn't return 'em because the seams came apart while I was trying to put 'em back in their package.

That's cruel! But I'm LMAO! :biggrin-new:

walrus

marcellis

Reaction score
That's the one. That dirty rat!

He (or she) was on that iceburg too, inspecting seal pelts just before the collision. I heard rumors the inspector fled to Korea, started a family, acting as if nothing had happened.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
So I'm assuming the best, QC inspector #11 actually performed an inspection prior to shipping. I'm assuming the little card was not just tossed in the case pocket to fool US consumers into thinking there are real QC inspectors at the Korean factory.
There is a similar scheme in place for 800 hot lines.
The operators are given thimbles and trained to tap furiously on their cubicle desks so that "clients" are reassured when they hear their complaints being faithfully logged in on a keyboard.

marcellis

Reaction score
I'll say one nice thing about my NS Starfire III disaster. The mini-humbuckers on it sounded amazing. I took delivery today on my SF3's replacement - a US-made solid body of another brand. Workmanship is superb - everything is good. Out of the box it's well set-up.

It doesn't sound as right for my music as that Korean-made Guild SF III.
It will take me awhile to find my sound. But at least I can play it without
the darned thing imploding.

Last edited: