Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are our alternatives to photobucket?

Blog Entries
    I cleared my Firefox cache, logged out of LTG and Google, and looked at this thread. Pliny was there but not the orange guitar from Texas.

I opened IE which I almost never use, cleared the cache and had the same results. IE told me there was a broken image link on the orange guitar but Firrefox gave me no indication that the image was there.

Perhaps a shared album was the solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by mgod View Post
    What he said.

'67 Starfire I Bass (Cherry)
    '71 JS II Bass (Walnut)
    '82 B-50 Acoustic Bass (Natural)
    '87 Pilot (Black)
    '13 Newark Street Starfire Bass (Cherry)
    '16 Betts Bass "Walnut Bottom"

LMG I, II, III

This space available.

We just lost 90% of the Guild amp reference thread that capnjuan created. I'm glad I saved all the pics to the harddrive, but this sucks. I can't edit the thread either, since the forum software change. <spits>
    "Steve, you are a man of many goats."~ capnjuan

"Alternatively, you could just go the ultra-relic route with it. Basically go for a look that says the amp was on fire and they put it out using belt sanders."
    (amps - I need a "99" & "50")

Well, there's lots of news blurbs around the interwebs about Photobucket's policy change. Looks like it happened the first week of this month without warning. Pardon my French, but they can go........ok ok ok, I'm not gonna say it. But dammit we're losing years' worth of useful pics here at LTG. And yeah, what about posts from deceased members? How is Photobucket going to extort $400 a year from them? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I saw a bunch of articles about this, but none with suggestions for other free hosting sites so I did what many people do when they find themselves powerless in a given situation: I sent them nasty tweets.
    2016 NS S-100

Capnjuan (RIP, brother):

And thank you for single-handedly re-introducing the S100 and other solid body guitars. It was you and your posse that put them back in front of the members ... until you showed up and your enthusiasm made them interesting again, nobody had paid much attention to them.
    (A bit of an exaggeration I think, but I'll take it. -Q)

Imageshack, imgur (pronounced "imager", who knew?), & Flickr seem to be among the most-commonly recommended alternatives to Photobucket.

No personal experience with any of them, yet . . .
    several Guilds, one Gretsch, one Taylor, & a Squire CV tele

I use google drive.
    Wood

1971 D25 Br--ol' Flattop
    https://soundcloud.com/woody-adams/sets/not-metal

"i think that you are the only one i know of that considers the 1973-1974 mahogany top/arch back D-25 a "holy grail" guitar"--mav

"always confront the load facing it directly"--nuuska

Via Flickr

Last edited by Qvart; 07-19-2017 at 07:49 PM.
    2016 NS S-100

Capnjuan (RIP, brother):

And thank you for single-handedly re-introducing the S100 and other solid body guitars. It was you and your posse that put them back in front of the members ... until you showed up and your enthusiasm made them interesting again, nobody had paid much attention to them.
    (A bit of an exaggeration I think, but I'll take it. -Q)

Quote Originally Posted by Default View Post
    We just lost 90% of the Guild amp reference thread that capnjuan created. I'm glad I saved all the pics to the harddrive, but this sucks. I can't edit the thread either, since the forum software change. <spits>
    If you want to be my hero, find a way for me to reference the old forum's links, because the amount of Guild-specific knowledge no longer accessible is a travesty. Just try and follow the links in Qvarts awesome S100 sticky: http://letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthr...-100-1970-2000 They're almost all dead links. If I can translate the links I'll write a script to fix that page.
    1970s: [ S70 ]
    1980s: [ BB | X79-3 | 2x X80 | X100 | S270 | S281 | 2x S284 | S285? | S300AD ]
    1980s: [ X82 | Detonator | Liberator Elite | 2x Nightbirds ]
    1990s: [ 2x S100 | X170 | X170T | SB602F | SF IV | SF V | BB | NB I | NB Dlx ]
    2000s: [ SF IV | BB-90 ]
    2010s:
    [ NS BB ]
    Amps: [ G300 | G500 | G600 ]

My Blogs: GADsGuilds.com | Blog | Cozy Tales

QV, looks like Flickr might be the ticket going forward. Well, at least I can see your picture (NICE NS, by the way!! :) ).

Fro, do you think Google might be usable with shared albums? What's the process there? I didn't ssee any way to get something out of google that can be used with an image tag.

QV/Fro, Could you guys describe the process for what you're doing? I'd like to have some sort of recommendation for LTG membership soon, but unfortuantely I'm busy doing "real" work today. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal
    I am going to hang onto this little F-20 and play it as a reminder that life is sometimes rough, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the damage you accrue along the way defines who you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcellis
    Growing old is a bitch.
    Guild 12-strings:
    1978 G-312NT (Westerly) - "Franzz",
    1994 JF-30-12Bld (Westerly),
    2006 F-512 (Tacoma),
    2010 F-212XL STD (New Hartford) - "Connie"
    2014 Orpheum 12 OOO SHRW (New Hartford)

Non-Guild 12s:
    1970 Martin D-12-20
    1980 Ibanez AW-75 (Series I)
    1984 Taylor 655

Quote Originally Posted by killdeer43 View Post
    Hear, hear! That would be sweet but I don't know what all it entails.
    Frono?

Joe
    LTG would have to pay for the space to hold all those photos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4BYOJ1tc-k

If you can't laugh at yourself, someone else will do it for you.

1974 D40 "Big D"
    2010 Gretsch 6129 blue mother of toilet seat "Little Mother"
    2013 Newark St. Starfire III "Red"
    1980 Yamaha FG 331 "El Kabong"

While I don't have a recommendation at the moment, I just checked the old freebie PB acct and while I don't have much uploaded, I'd lost a few things in a computer crash some years ago...checking their new changes link, I found that after logging into your account you can still access your 'library', click/open a pic or video, and click download to save it to your computer...recommend that anyone wanting to rescue any uploaded data do so immediately before they cancel that option as well.