Your favorite singers from the '60's

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Good night ladies and gents

It is 1.23 after midnight - I came home from nearby gig with KASEVA - we had full house, even though it was partially outside . . . - now reading this thread before hitting hay - since you are talking so much about music in general instead of SINGERS . . . I will add my favorite song, that I heard daily while coming from school through then new warehouse - they were playing soft music in background - one song was electrifying to 10 years young boy - Take Five - Dave Brubeck.

I´ll have one more beer and then it is good night.

Reaction score
Take 5 was Ray Manzarek's favorite.

About 15 years ago I was back stage at The Hollywood Bowl with my girl friend for a show that was Ramsey Lewis,
McCoy Tyner and Dave Brubeck. McCoy was dressing and Ramsey was on stage. Dave Brubeck came out from his dressing room he wanted some company his band was not there yet. So we hung out for about a half hour while 17,000 fans watched Ramsey Lewis.

idealassets

Reaction score
Some, or all, of the soundtrack for Zabrisky Point was from Pink Floyd, in its earlier incarnation. They later also did a soundtrack for the movie called "More".
As a high school senior I began attending college. For Freshman Comp. 101 the new prof. from California had the entire class view Zabrisky Point at a movie theater, and then write about it in the next class. This all seemed great at the time.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Take 5 was Ray Manzarek's favorite.

About 15 years ago I was back stage at The Hollywood Bowl with my girl friend for a show that was Ramsey Lewis,
McCoy Tyner and Dave Brubeck. McCoy was dressing and Ramsey was on stage. Dave Brubeck came out from his dressing room he wanted some company his band was not there yet. So we hung out for about a half hour while 17,000 fans watched Ramsey Lewis.

Well heck might as well start the "favorite insrumentals" from the '60's here, since I never got around to starting a new thread:

That's just one of 'em though.
More here:
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sh...rumentals-from-the-60-s&p=1768860#post1768860

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I moved my post to your "instrumental" post! You are quick!

Obviously, those are "vocals"...

walrus