This Martin is temporarily out of stock, ah shucks 119k

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hey Richard, it's TRUE. I remember a while back... jeeze don't know how long ago, there was a STEAM PUNK theme guitar that had me GASing like crazy!! I guess it's just a matter of perspective. So, tell me, Richard.... do you like this guitar? It pleases you aesthetically?? Just curious, my friend.....

Hell no, Tom. I'd even sign up with another stint with my ex before I'd lay down the cash on this one. (unless of course, money were no issue. It would be a fun conversation piece I think)

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow. Really ugly. I will echo the thoughts of others here; why would someone do that to a beautiful natural slab of pre-Cites Brazilian Rosewood?

Their Brazilian D-45 is a steal at 1/2 this price...

Sal

Reaction score
There are some really fine luthiers out there who do amazing work building and repairing instruments … but when it comes to aesthetic decisions you do have to be careful with some of them.

matsickma

Reaction score
Clearly these guitars are only for those who drive limited edition Bugatti's. Most will likely end up in Dubai...
M

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm kinda' surprised at all the negative reactions. I guess I felt similarly about the D-100, but this one just strikes me as cool.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Still crying with laughter at this review...I might make it my LTG signature.

"I have been making steampunk music for years and I have never come across a more perfect guitar. The price is steep, but I think it's worth it to make music for my community. Whether you're piloting a dirigible, captaining an overly-complicated submarine, or just playing a Smash Mouth cover to your buddies at a retro-futuristic social event, this guitar will always suit your steampunk needs. Thanks Martin!"

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
but as a guitar, that is supoosed to be a crown jewel Martin, just an absolute fail.
What, you never heard of a jewelled watch movement?

jewel3b.jpg

:friendly_wink:

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
So this "guitar" should perhaps have a ruby or sapphire nut and a diamond saddle? One jewel for each bearing point on each string would make it a 12 jewel movement?

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
saw the real deal at NAMM...
Oh C'mon JANE!!! Great... you saw the real deal.... and your impressions? I want OPINIONS!!! Leave it to me to stir up trouble.... LMAO!! What did you think, my dear??

Tom...it was...interesting...

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
GuildFS4612CE said:
Tom...it was...interesting...
I'm sure there's a LOT of REALLY nice work done on that guitar!! The quality is top notch as well, I'd imagine. I think it's just a bit much for me....... glad you got to see it in person.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
"Interesting" is an interesting impression.

Kinda like Gibson's robotuners being a standard item interesting? Actually, l can see a company doing this with some imperfect Braz backs, kind of like using a visually imperfect top on a custom color guitar. Every time l see a sparkle D-25, l'm tempted. I saw a black sparkle SF-4 in a store once. If l saw another, l would drag out my wallet so fast, my butt would catch on fire.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Regardless of the visual aesthetics, and whether you feel they're good or bad, I wonder what all that inlay on the body, particularly, does to the sound. I can't help but be reminded of Elvis' leather clad guitar, or this: (which could be a solution for this first issue.)
fsacfczoznxlprtb2t2d.jpg

F312

Reaction score
I 'm not going to say anything about this guitar, just discombobulated.

Ralph

idealassets

Reaction score
Sorry GC, all the buyers are out of stock. And any sensible Rolls driving person in Dubai would most likely rather have another pet Cheetah to ride shotgun with him while driving to shop instead a prize winning wacky piece of wood..

Last edited: