This Martin is temporarily out of stock, ah shucks 119k

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Pre-CITES Brazilian RW back...and then they cover it all up with domestic wood inlay!

(You would have special 6-month financing.)

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I don't know... Frankly, I like it a whole lot more than the D-100 they did a few years ago. I like it when the guitar has a theme. I also like watches, so there you go.

I wonder how they got from 100 million guitars to 200 million guitars so fast. That's really extraordinary. Even more extraordinary... are they really listing this guitar through GC? I mean, seriously.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Have you guys read the reviews? Laugh out loud funny!

Here's one: "I had to sell a kidney and then my wife's kidney and then our house to afford this guitar. But HEY that's what true love is and as soon as I hit those strings for the first time, I KNEW that living in a cardboard box down by the beach was a small price to pay for playing this work of art."

walrus

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Have you guys read the reviews? Laugh out loud funny!

Here's one: "I had to sell a kidney and then my wife's kidney and then our house to afford this guitar. But HEY that's what true love is and as soon as I hit those strings for the first time, I KNEW that living in a cardboard box down by the beach was a small price to pay for playing this work of art."

walrus

LOL, oh that is hilarious! I am so glad folks are taking jabs at this atrocity. The gall really...

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
literally tears of laughter at work, reading this comments, thanks Walrus for the heads up...the best part is GC is not deleting them LOL

"My wife was really excited when I maxed out al 10 credit cards! We drive old used cars and don't eat out much anymore, but well worth it for family song night."

"I made a wise choice and spent all my savings for college tuition to buy this guitar! It comes in a nice case and wrenches and screwdrivers to adjust the date and time. My parent's are mad about me spending all the college money they saved for 18 years, but I'm hoping the good music will more than make up for it! I now live in a refrigerator box and use my guitar as a table to eat cat food, since I am now impoverished. oops!"

"I have been making steampunk music for years and I have never come across a more perfect guitar. The price is steep, but I think it's worth it to make music for my community. Whether you're piloting a dirigible, captaining an overly-complicated submarine, or just playing a Smash Mouth cover to your buddies at a retro-futuristic social event, this guitar will always suit your steampunk needs. Thanks Martin!"

"This guitar is great for beginners..Literally cost me an arm and a leg. Now I just have to figure out how to play it with one arm....."

Oh, and the Pros v Cons from one of the reviews:

Pros:
Goes well with my steampunk glasses
Here Comes The Sun basically plays itself
Chick magnet
Cons:
Not pre-routed for Floyd Rose
Ernie Ball Super Slinky 8's don't fit well
Not a family friendly guitar

Seriously, I have had such a good and well needed laugh since I read chuck Norris facts back in 2007.

Last edited:

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
Lordy, that's an UGLY guitar!!

I believe Tom's statement is too kind! It is however a great advertisement for the skills of the one (or ones) doing the inlay work. Good for the display case but questionable as a player. As Chris noted - why take a great piece of Rosewood, hack it up & cover it over with different stuff. Well done or not it is ugly.

Hmmmmm Quilter + watchmaker + wood = D200?

Neal

Reaction score
Ridiculously stupid. This can't be for real, Wood. You are putting us on.

Either that, or the Martin Company needs to reevaluate what they cherish.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well Tom, I've heard say that beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder
Hey Richard, it's TRUE. I remember a while back... jeeze don't know how long ago, there was a STEAM PUNK theme guitar that had me GASing like crazy!! I guess it's just a matter of perspective. So, tell me, Richard.... do you like this guitar? It pleases you aesthetically?? Just curious, my friend.....

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score

MLBob

Reaction score
".....as much a work of art as it is a precision instrument." :confused:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
i'd have to agree with the majority on this one, just textbook overthinking by someone, and a complete failure of checks and balances on any other party that could have put a stop to it (i'm sure at least someone tried, would sure hope). just a complete waste of quality time and quality materials, resulting in a product that can only make us question the old saying "all publicity is good publicity." IMO this guitar is so far off the mark for Martin's 2 millionth...that the outlandish price is actually the most reasonable part of the package. sure if someone has the cash to burn and their quality of life will change zero by parting with 120K, and they want one for whatever reason, well at the point the money just isn't an issue. but as a guitar, that is supoosed to be a crown jewel Martin, just an absolute fail.