my favorite blondes......

grayghost53

Reaction score
IMG_0037_zpsj5tt5uxg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

grayghost53

Reaction score
that's actually a firebird "clone" I put together a couple of years ago.
DSCF2784_zpsomv3qtuj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

grayghost53

Reaction score
just a frame option on my photo software. in my defense though I was a 25 or 64 ASA Kodachrome user back in the day. pack a tripod, use that 25ASA and let the self-timer on the old Nikon FM-2 activate the shutter, stop down to nothing, and depth of field forever, and grain so small you could cibachrome 11X16's all day long. ah, to the sunny slopes of long ago.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
What kind of fancy tuners did you use? Or maybe you talk about that in your other thread? About to check it out.

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Back on subject, I'll bet that is a fantastic sounding combo. Prosonic is a special amp, and we all know about SF III's....

grayghost53

Reaction score
jp are you talking about the tuner buttons on the Starfire? if so they were purchased off ebay. check under replacement buttons for grovers. I think I paid $10 with free S&H and they went on perfect-no filing or modification. they were listed as "amber" but they are more "pearlescent" and are real close to the same material/color of the headstock logo. just a happy coincidence.

grayghost53

Reaction score
shihan. it's actually a recent re-issue 65 Princeton Reverb. sweetwater had a limited edition run with a 12" cannabis rex speaker in the lacquered tweed. I really like the 6V6 output tubes, they have a sort of "springiness" that as someone who finger picks really responds to how you attack the strings. tube reverb and vibrato and 15watts makes for a very happy and enthusiastic Starfire III.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
in my defense though I was a 25 or 64 ASA Kodachrome user back in the day.

Kodachrome was my favorite color film through the 1990s. Used K25 and 64 from c. 1975 'til K200 came out. I did start using some color neg film once affordable scanners came on the scene since it was easier to scan. The Kodachrome has held up really well over time. Even my dad's Kodachromes from the 1950s still look fresh.

-Dave-

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks, greygost53; I can see that now that I have my glasses on!. I bet that's a sweet amp...I've often wondered what my Pr Rev wold sound like with a 12" speaker.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I often run my Princeton (non reverb) into a Hi-Tone 2x12" cab loaded with a pair of repro Fane-style speakers. The overall sound is warmer and richer, though I need to set the bass knob down around 3 to keep the low end clean. This cab can put out huge bottom end with the right amp.

-Dave-

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
jp are you talking about the tuner buttons on the Starfire? if so they were purchased off ebay. check under replacement buttons for grovers. I think I paid $10 with free S&H and they went on perfect-no filing or modification. they were listed as "amber" but they are more "pearlescent" and are real close to the same material/color of the headstock logo. just a happy coincidence.
Yes, I noticed the swapped out buttons. Very nice, and thanks for the info. You've got a great pair of blondes! Thanks for posting!