International Guitar Shipping

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I am looking to purchase an acoustic that is in a U.K. shop that will not ship internationally. I am thinking they could ship it to a reputable London guitar store that does ship internationally.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That could be an option Awagner unless you can find an individual over there that you trust to pick it up, get the proper permits from the government, and ship it to you. Is there a shop over there you have dealt with in the past? Maybe for a small handling fee they could take care of the permits and shipping for you. These New CITES regulations have really cut down on the number of overseas guitar stores that are willing to go through the hassle of permitting and shipping to the states. It takes an act of Nature just to get a guitar from Canada to the states let alone overseas. Best of luck in your search and I hope it works out for you. Maybe one of our U.K. members sees your post and is willing to help facilitate for you.

TX

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sadly, the Concorde is no longer in service. ;)

Good luck, awagner. Hopefully one of our UK members can help. I do belive that there are dealers in Holland and Germany that have/will ship Guilds (internationally), but that probably doesn't help you with a guitar in the UK.

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I thought I would deal with the CITES issue once I found a reputable guitar shop that would be willing to help out. I am not familiar with any of them, and I have never purchased internationally before. I assume they would have to inspect the guitar once received in order to fill out the paperwork necessary to obtain a proper permit.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I bought from http://www.regentsounds.com in 4 Denmark Street in London not long ago. A very smooth transition to ship the guitar from UK to Germany. They ship world wide.
Ask for Crispin Weir, he communicated a lot via e-mail but I also had phone calls with them. I am sure they can give you advise.

Ralf

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I bought from http://www.regentsounds.com in 4 Denmark Street in London not long ago. A very smooth transition to ship the guitar from UK to Germany. They ship world wide.
Ask for Crispin Weir, he communicated a lot via e-mail but I also had phone calls with them. I am sure they can give you advise.

Ralf

Thanks very much.