1975 Guild G212 - new acquisition.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Note to Al...there have been a lot of issues on the net with pages freezing and/or not loading...all over, with no regard as to computer/programs/age/internet provider...a general slowdown.
Thanks Jane, I'm aware of that but when it's certain sites and I can see about a zillion plug-ins loading, I know from experience that's part of the problem, which is also aggravated by my outdated Chrome browser. CNN Money and Autoweek are two more of 'em, and that's what's new for Photobucket in the last 6 months or so, as a couple of other guys have mentioned.
Also have found from experience that certain types of image files won't show up if I try to post 'em, here: "encrypted" and "/jpeg;base64,/".
My assumption is that it's actually a browser limitation there, too.
As for the "shredded image" thing, that's only been happening to me in about the last 6 months, I think, and that may be either browser related or possibly the file's just too darn big...when the image did finally display from the Imgur file, it was discombobulated for there, as well, but not as badly as it is here.
So I think it's a file reading problem not an internet problem, because once it's loaded it's loaded, right?

Adorshki:
I'm really grateful for your help - thank you so much, I do appreciate your interest and efforts.

You're welcome! 'S just what we do 'round here.
Flaming gets a little old after a while.
But every once in a while a few oldtimers'll get together to throw a fake flame war just to liven things up.
:glee:

I have inserted hyperlinks to the other photos, so hopefully they will work.

Better than nothing.

Those work, yep, better than nothing!

MancJonny

Reaction score
Gents:

Sorted.

Large Thumbnail size & Direct Link field in Imgur did the trick - see #5, #8 & #10. Splendid!

I am clearly in the presence of technical geniuses.

Thank you for your patience.

MancJonny

Reaction score
This guitar will shortly be going for sale here in the UK.

MancJonny

Reaction score
I've just been offered a swap (not sure if it's a straight swap!) for a 1978 F-40 - described as blond, maple back-and-sides.

Don't know all the details yet, would obviouslyneed pix, S/N etc. (the usual . . . . )

Anyone have any knowledge of the F-40s?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Al - I believe it is a G-212 but I think your statement is still valid otherwise.

Ah, yes, the eyes're startin' to go, too.
And yes I was thinking in terms of the 12-er having more intrinsic value whether 'hog or rosewood, although the Brazilian of 312 might carry a really hefty added value these days.

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
Even without the Brazilian connection a G-312 is primo in my eyes. Since Chazmo provided me the opportunity (Thank you again sir!) I can honestly say neither of the other 2 acoustics (FG230, D150) have even made it out of their cases (altough I did have to recharge the humidifier in the D150).

MancJonny

Reaction score
Just been advised by the seller of the F-40 that, although the piece is in good general condition, a luthier has advised him that it needs a neck re-set.Whoops . . . I admire the seller's honesty.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Even without the Brazilian connection a G-312 is primo in my eyes. Since Chazmo provided me the opportunity (Thank you again sir!) I can honestly say neither of the other 2 acoustics (FG230, D150) have even made it out of their cases (altough I did have to recharge the humidifier in the D150).
Steve, I'm super glad you're enjoying the old G-312.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've just been offered a swap (not sure if it's a straight swap!) for a 1978 F-40 - described as blond, maple back-and-sides.

Don't know all the details yet, would obviouslyneed pix, S/N etc. (the usual . . . . )

Anyone have any knowledge of the F-40s?

Welcome back, MancJonny. Best of luck with the quest!