Did Guild ever make a rosewood body acoustic bass?

mellowgerman

Reaction score
Though my knowledge of their acoustic basses is limited, I'm pretty positive that they never offered a rosewood bodied acoustic bass. Naturally though that doesn't mean a prototype or custom ordered specimen is out of the question

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
would be expensive to make these days, that would be a whole lotta rosewood. i like the maple (back and sides) acoustic Guild basses ive heard, most notably the B54CE New Hartford that Sandy has. and Grots rare Westerly acoustic bass of which I can't recall. may have been a double cutaway B-30/50? i think he has a stadard B-50 as well.

ukulelelab

Reaction score
yes westerly B30 and b50s were spruce top with mahog back and sides. I have never seen rosewood ones.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
yes westerly B30 and b50s were spruce top with mahog back and sides. I have never seen rosewood ones.

Cool thanks yeah, I guess Grot has the Guild B-500 (that is not a typo, "B five-hundred" is correct), which has maple back and sides (from 1994). I think that it is short scale. So I would look for one of those or the (long scale) New Hartford maple B54CE. (save the rosewood for a Guild 12-string!)

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I guess Grot has the Guild B-500 (that is not a typo, "B five-hundred" is correct), which has maple back and siides (from 1994). I think that it is short scale.

Well since you mentioned it...

100_6430.jpg

I think the scale is 31-1/2".