New guitar

Reaction score
Bought a 1995 Guild DV16 NT HG a couple weeks ago from the original owner. Excellent condition and sounds great. After comparing the sound of a LG Baggs M1A and M80, I did the install of the M1A. Liked the sound better, the M80 seems to have a bass boost incorporated in the circuitry and it was muddy sounding.
Love the guitar. Solid Rosewood sides and back, Spruce top.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Bought a 1995 Guild DV16 NT HG a couple weeks ago from the original owner. Excellent condition and sounds great. After comparing the sound of a LG Baggs M1A and M80, I did the install of the M1A. Liked the sound better, the M80 seems to have a bass boost incorporated in the circuitry and it was muddy sounding.
Love the guitar. Solid Rosewood sides and back, Spruce top.

Hello bob s,

Welcome! To the best of my knowledge there's no such thing as a DV16NT-HG from the year 1995 with solid rosewood back & sides.
In my mind I went over the various models that were made around that time, which once 'written out' on the label could look like DV16NT-HG and the only one that I could think of is the model DV76NT-HG, which is quite a deluxe instrument. Can you tell us what the serial number is of your guitar?

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome Bob. Hans helps us solve a lot of Guild mysteries around here. Can't wait to hear the details. Also, we love photos. If we had one of those, Hans could tell you more, but I guess serial number will do. Congrats on the new Guild!! :encouragement:

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome Bob S to LTG! :glee:

bobouz

Reaction score
From one Bob to another, welcome, and enjoy your new-to-you guitar!

kostask

Reaction score
Wasn't there a DV6 that was made in Mexico that had rosewood back and sides? I know the Westerly DV6s were mahogany (i have one), but after Westerly was closed down, there were DV6s (and I think DV52 or DV4s) made in Mexico. Or is my memory faulty? Wondering if this could be a DV6 from that era with an extra, line (i.e. DV16, with the 1 being the extra line)? IT explains the rosewood back and sides and the off standard DV16 designation.

Last edited:

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wasn't there a DV6 that was made in Mexico that had rosewood back and sides?

And before that in Tacoma (I own one). The Tacoma DV6's were hand-rubbed satin finishes, so there would not have been an HG (high gloss) notation on the label.

Reaction score
Just looked at the label inside. I stand corrected. It is a DV52. My brain makes things up sometimes and doesn't tell me.
Says made in USA on the back of the head stock where the serial number is stamped, same number as on the label. AD520608

Thanks much.