my new (to me) baby

grayghost53

Reaction score
recently acquired 98 Starfire III. this is my third Guild electric (first Starfire IV back in 1969). this is a work in progress. I've come up with a roller bridge and there are several other things I have planned for this little lady. just love the Guilds- what else can I say.
IMG_0020_zps3yy7rdtv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Hello grayghost53,

We realize you are going to replace the bridge with something more versatile, but the location the bridge is in now, looks very odd to people who are used to working with guitars on a regular basis; somewhat in the same way as the looks of someone walking around with his pants halfway down, but I also understand that doing so is considered 'cool' in some circles!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello grayghost53,

We realize you are going to replace the bridge with something more versatile, but the location the bridge is in now, looks very odd to people who are used to working with guitars on a regular basis; somewhat in the same way as the looks of someone walking around with his pants halfway down, but I also understand that doing so is considered 'cool' in some circles!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

There's nothing cool about a guitar that isn't intonated! Just like pants...

grayghost53

Reaction score
not to worry Hans. this is just what it looked like out of the case as I received it from the seller. the only thing I had done at this point was to pull the pickguard in preparation for good overall cleaning. so when the new roller bridge goes on it will be placed per the standard inside the nut to the twelfth fret and that distance from the 12th fret to the bridge. I judge it had been a good while since this guitar was played, strings were dead as door nail, and all the pots/switch need a good de-ox. so it will be receiving the loving and tender care she deserves.