1976 Guild s-100, White, Interested in Selling. What is it Worth?

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 1976 white Guild S-100 that I have owned since probably 1979. I bought it used from a music store in CT and never learned to play guitar, so it never had much use by me. I am interested in selling it. I know it is not completely original. The things on the end of the neck that you use to tune the strings have been changed and the bridge where the top of the strings rest on, might not be original. Other then that, I think it is in pretty good shape. What do you think this guitar should is worth or should sell for? I live near Minneapolis and I don't think I can post photos as attachments now. I just joined this Guild group today. I thought this would be a good site to find someone interested in this guitar. Any questions or thoughts?
Bill

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome. You can post pictures - host them elsewhere and link to them here or just read this. Do remember that your first few posts will be moderated and not appear until approved. Don't worry when you post a reply and it doesn't show immediately :) We call the "things on the end of the neck that you use to tune the strings" "tuners" if you'd like to save some typing. We are pretty good at looking at photos and determining what might not be original so I hope you can post some. Someone with an informed opinion will be along to talk price. You might even hear from some folks who are local to you.

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi! That's my favorite era and favorite guitar. The years of sitting unplaced could have kept it well preserved or could have destroyed it with mold, rust, warping, etc. Some of those things would not be obvious to someone that doesn't have the experience to notice.

So if the guitar is in awful shape, it's probably worth maybe $700. If it's in great shape, then you can fetch as much as $1400.

I'd like a chance to view the guitar and possibly even buy it. Please contact me at kentbell@twobytwelve.com. Thanks!