Guild D4E-NT

Reaction score
Has anyone encountered one of these - its a D4 with a pickup? In the late 90s I bought a Guild D4 - True American. For reasons I cannot remember, I sold it and have regretted it ever since. Now, I found a 1993 Guild D4E-NT on Reverb, which looks just like my old guitar. However the Guild serial number dater shows no record of that guitar being produced that year. The serial number dates to 1993. Anyway, any information would help . . . thanks in advance.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Has anyone encountered one of these - its a D4 with a pickup? In the late 90s I bought a Guild D4 - True American. For reasons I cannot remember, I sold it and have regretted it ever since. Now, I found a 1993 Guild D4E-NT on Reverb, which looks just like my old guitar. However the Guild serial number dater shows no record of that guitar being produced that year. The serial number dates to 1993. Anyway, any information would help . . . thanks in advance.

Hello csolson28,

Welcome! The D4E was not as separate model; it was a D4 with an optional pickup, that was offered for an extra $ 100.00.
The earliest ones that I've seen were from 1992.

Good luck if you are going after that one.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Reaction score
Thank you Hans! I really appreciate the information. Ironically, pickup was removed years ago, which is fine with me because I prefer to mic my guitars . . . and I did purchase the guitar. Thanks again!