Looking for intonation screws and pickups for my S300D

Reaction score
Hi Guys

New to the forum and the Guild family.

Found a S300D for sale for a good price, was bored and with recently acquired cash and broke my promise to myself to stop buying guitars... You all know the feeling I guess.

She's a 78', seen some playing over the years. I got it in a playing condition, and just fell in love. That neck! Unfortunately it doesn't have the original pickups, the bridge is pretty new Dimarzio DP100, the neck is a Gibson of some sort, I can't tell which one. The knobs are not original too. The wiring was altered so the phase switch now coil taps the bridge PU.

Had to replace the neck's pickup ring as it was broken, had one laying around but it's not the best fit, there's a gap between the ring and the pickguard. I guess I have to look for an original one. Do you know of a good replacement for that?

The main issue is that one of the intonation screws was broke. I took the bridge apart, it was messy with gunk and rust all around. Managed to break to more screws doing so... They were brittle as hell.

Does anybody know the thread measurements for these screws? I'll look for a replacement at my local hardware store, but it would be easier to know what to ask for.

Also, wondering what to do with the pickups. I'm thinking of getting HB1's, as I'm not a metal/hard rock player. I gotta say the ones it has now sound really nice, but those HB1's just does it for me.

Anyone knows of a pair for sale?

Thanks guys, Hope to show some progress and get this beast rocking in no time!

Ft1Qg

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Had to replace the neck's pickup ring as it was broken, had one laying around but it's not the best fit, there's a gap between the ring and the pickguard. I guess I have to look for an original one. Do you know of a good replacement for that?

The main issue is that one of the intonation screws was broke. I took the bridge apart, it was messy with gunk and rust all around. Managed to break to more screws doing so... They were brittle as hell.

Hello Kobb,

Welcome! Should be able to help you out with the parts. Just get back with me through my website and we'll figure it out.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl