Sir Paul is 75 today

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hard to believe McCartney is 75. I still that '60's moptop image in my head.

"They say it's your birthday, Happy Birthday to you..."

walrus

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I was listening to The Acoustic Storm radio program on the way to Church today. They played one of his. I think it was called "Put It There" if I remember right. Great song. I always thought he was a very under-rated Bass player. I'm not a Bass player but IMHO, I think he's exceptional. Happy BD Sir Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
75 and still does concerts, I think.

I wonder when he stops coloring his hair ? Paul, you're 75. No one really thinks you still have black hair.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I always thought he was a very under-rated Bass player. I'm not a Bass player but IMHO, I think he's exceptional.

FWIW, I never noticed his bass playing the "first time around". Fast forward a few decades and every time I listen to one of his Beatles bass lines there is always something there worth noting, learning, studying or stealing. I guess when you write, sing, play guitar and play bass, some of your talent is going to be under-appreciated :)

matsickma

Reaction score
Sir Paul is excellent in concert. Saw him 2 years ago. Played over 3 hours and he doesn't get much of a break during the show.

M

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
He's touring this summer. Still a great performer and he has a rockin' band with him.

I expect that will include Brian Ray on guitar and bass, who has become a regular in Paul's group since the superbowl gig. Brian's a great player and super guy. I used to be in a group with him WAY back when. In this interview with Brian, he said....

"My ’57 goldtop Les Paul is one of the best-sounding guitars I’ve ever played and the one I’ve owned the longest – since my teen days with Phil Kaufman."​

That goldtop is worth a lot of money now! He doesn't gig with it anymore. But he had it before Phil Kaufman, who we played a benefit for because, through a promise made, he stole Gram Parson's body and cremated it out at Joshua Tree National Park. He had some legal fees. :nevreness: Crazy times!

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
In recent pics I've seen, Sir Paul seems to be letting a touch of gray show through.

A friend of my dad dyed his hair well into his 80s. :)

-Dave-