Vintage Starfire Questions

Reaction score
So I'm trying to pin point the exact year and model of my vintage Starfire and I have a few questions. I think I have it narrowed down to a 1965 Starfire IV, but I'm not entirely sure. It has the master volume and vibrato tail piece so does that make it a V, or was there an option to get a IV with those features. I question because it has the number 4 stamped on the back of the headstock. The numbers on the paper label are legible and point to a 60's guitar, but there are some letters that are barely legible and make it hard to determine the exact year. Is there any other things to look for that would help pin point the exact year? Thanks

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying to pin point the exact year and model of my vintage Starfire and I have a few questions. I think I have it narrowed down to a 1965 Starfire IV, but I'm not entirely sure. It has the master volume and vibrato tail piece so does that make it a V, or was there an option to get a IV with those features. I question because it has the number 4 stamped on the back of the headstock. The numbers on the paper label are legible and point to a 60's guitar, but there are some letters that are barely legible and make it hard to determine the exact year. Is there any other things to look for that would help pin point the exact year? Thanks

Send me some photos of your guitar and try to include detail shots of the label and the back of the headstock. I should be able to tell you what model Starfire you have and when it was made.

Get in touch with me through my website and we will take it from there.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl