1964 Slim Jim 100 D

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd like to know what electronics (pots, caps, resistors, etc) Guild used in that era.
Were the pickups wired in phase or out of phase? Of course there weren't any push pull thingies back then, so I'm curious how these great guitars came from the factory.
An original wiring schematic would hurt either... ;-)

greetings
Tim

geoguy

Reaction score
I can't answer your questions, but wanted to say "welcome to LTG!"

LTG member Walter Broes is from your hometown, & may be able to help you . . . he might post in this thread, or you can send him a private message.

FYI, your first few posts will be checked by a moderator before showing up on-line. So, don't be surprised if your posts don't appear right away.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey there, Tim!

Welcome to the LTG forum!

This is a somewhat tough question to answer, since this was a transition period when there was a variation of pickups being used. Earlier T-100s commonly had Franz PUs. However, a variety of single coil pickups (Dearmond, Hagstrom, Mickey Mouse) were also used throughout the early 60s and changing in the mid-60s to other choices.

Therefore, I can guess that there was probably variation in the wiring as well. I don't think they were ever intentionally wired out of phase. The volume pots were most often wired decoupled, with 500K and 200-250K pots on the tone controls IIRC. The Franz wiring usually has a capacitor in the bridge PU circuit that many people clip out for more treble spank. There are others more knowledgeable about me, but that's what I know from my own T-100D. Sorry, no schematic.

What kind of pickups does your T-100D have?