I need a Guild again

Parker1625

Reaction score
Hello Guild people. I used to own a Guild in the 90s. I can't remember if it was a D40 or 50. I bought it in 1993 for roughly $435 as I recall. It was an awesome guitar. Unfortunately in 1995 I hit a financial bottom and had to sell all of my musical equipment except the first guitar I owned which is a virtually unplayable Yamaha that still sits in it's case to this day. After recovering from financial woes, life got busy and other interests took hold. I recently found pics from those days and some recordings that we did in the garage studio, and I'm inspired to return to music. The pic is as clear as I can get it, but this had to be not long after I bought it because it still had a split bridge. I eventually had new frets and a set up performed and I think a thin line pickup placed in the bridge. The guitar was blonde front sides and back with a blonde neck. Do I have to post a certain number of posts to upload and image? Thanks

Parker

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi Parker! Welcome to the nuthouse! Pics have to be hosted elsewhere and linked to. If it had blonde back and sides, it was probably maple. D-40s are mahogany, D-50s are rosewood, maple are D-30s( and G-37s? I misremember). Anyway, give us your budget and we will be happy to give you more options than you can handle. ;-D

Last edited:

Parker1625

Reaction score
Thanks. Got the photobucket and posted it in a new thread. I'm not really sure on my budget yet. Parker