Super deal on Martin strings on ebay

Epsilon

Reaction score
Seems like a good deal but unfortunately my experience of Martin strings is that they go dull within a few days of re-stringing and very quickly get grimey. They also always seem to leave dark smudges on my fingertips. As you can tell I'm not a huge fan!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Haha, those would likely last me more than the rest of my life!

cutrofiano

Reaction score
Where is the gimmick?

ebay add said:
Their are six plastic sleeves and 48 strings in each sleeve. 1 sleeve of 48 e strings, 1 sleeve of 48 a strings, 1 sleeve of 48 d strings, 1 sleeve of 48 g strings, 1 sleeve of 48 b strings, 1 sleeve of 48 e strings. This preserves the strings for years.
Sure, but only if you do not open all of the sleeves at the same time to have 6 different strings.
My advice would be to open only one sleeve and put 6 equal e strings on the guitar.
You can repeat this 7 times.
Then open the next sleeve and proceed with 6 a strings for the next 8 times and so on...

Moritz

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Then open the next sleeve and proceed with 6 a strings for the next 8 times and so on...
Moritz
"Nailed it", LOL!
But seriously I'm guessing that's how Martin buys 'em for production stringing of new instruments (48 of one gauge in a sleeve) and that for some reason this dealer was offered a liquidation deal for 'em.
Maybe they're uncoateds and Martin's going with coated for new builds?