Dead Head Alert: Long Strange Trip on Amazon Prime

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm not a Dead Head, but have a fair amount of their music (OK, most of their commercial releases - I refuse to go down the rabbit hole of the world of bootlegs).

Amazon is streaming on their Prime video channel the 4-hour "Long Strange Trip" documentary, starting today.

Here's a quick take on GeekWire.

sfIII

Reaction score
Guild Total
At least three Guild sightings. A F50 Jerry used in the bluegrass days before they were the dead, And two SFiii's One with D'Armonds and one with the small humbuckers.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Binge watched it all last night while SWMBO was asleep after an early turn-in. Interesting stuff, and it certainly expanded this non-Dead-Head's knowledge.

Interesting how I now almost reflexively look at head stocks to see what's being played. Mr. Garcia's early SFIII was well-represented.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Interesting how I now almost reflexively look at head stocks to see what's being played.

I decided Mrs. Fro. needed a Guild so I bought her one. Now she has five and it amuses me how often we discuss headstocks seen in video viewing.

crank

Reaction score
We watched first 2 episodes last night. It was actually really good. Much better than any Grateful Dead movie I have ever seen. Lots of footage that I had never seen and the director did a really good job fitting everything together to tell the Dead's story.