I miss the '80s...

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
But on the plus side, when there's a resurgence in hair bands, I'm ready!

5D3_2376_1600.jpg

Believe it or not, the strangest thing about this guitar is the case. It's huge!

Oh yeah, it's an X-88 Crue.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That guy is playing it upside down! And really rockin' out!

walrus

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
That guy is playing it upside down! And really rockin' out!

walrus

Crazy, right? I can't fathom that. I've known a lot of guys who were left handed and learned to play righty, but playing a right-handed guitar left-handed and just inverting the fingerings? Damn.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm a certified '80s refugee with plenty of spandex-wearing pointy guitar experience. I'll be fine, though now I'm going to hear that 3-stooges eye-poke sound every time I pick it up.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Review is coming soon. I have to say that I was ready to sell it off for various reasons, but I think it might just stay.

I like it when people walk into my office and exclaim, "What the hell is THAT?" :smug:

Guild-X88-S300-Office.jpg

kakerlak

Reaction score
Review is coming soon. I have to say that I was ready to sell it off for various reasons, but I think it might just stay.

I like it when people walk into my office and exclaim, "What the hell is THAT?" :smug:

Your office looks more fun than mine...

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Guild-X88-S300-Office.jpg

I know it is a Different guitar and probably somewhat cumbersome with all that pointy length to it but I think the Arches on the top of the body tapering into the points is one of the coolest looks of any guitar ever let alone a Guild. Looking forward to some "Kickstart My Heart" intro licks in the review!

TX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Your office looks more fun than mine...

That's only one corner! I also have lightsabers, telescopes, computers, ham radios, electronics test equipment, Star Trek prop replicas and a complete lack of space for me.

I know it is a Different guitar and probably somewhat cumbersome with all that pointy length to it but I think the Arches on the top of the body tapering into the points is one of the coolest looks of any guitar ever let alone a Guild. Looking forward to some "Kickstart My Heart" intro licks in the review!

TX

The inflated look is pretty cool looking and very different.

That is an intimidating wall ornament!

walrus

Maybe I'll get a morning star to hang next to it.

My wife walked in and said, "I think you should hang a KISS poster behind it." I just shook my head. She's always been more of an Abba gal.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hey, I know I love the Beatles but I'm not British! :nevreness:

Jeff aka walrus

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I forgot how nuts Guild went in the '80's. That thing might be a better weapon than it is a guitar!
'Wake up honey, I hear a noise downstairs; get the X-80!'

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That's the only striped one I'd buy. It's the Twisted Sister model. Too bad the price is rediculous.

Guild-TwistedSister1.jpg

That is a high price for the one on Ebay even if it were in Mint condition. Unfortunately the one end is pretty dinged up on the body and one horn on the neck is the same way. I am curious about something GAD and you might be able to help me out. Did all of the Striped X79s have jagged masking tape edges on the stripes and not completely match up on the back like this one on Ebay does or is it a respray? Here is a pic of one spot in particular that I was referring to. I also noticed that the Headstock logo is different on the Ebay guitar from the one in the promo ad. I posted a pic of the Ebay headstock second. Is that just a year to year model thing?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

TX

Last edited: