NGD 2010 D55 Burst

Geotrio

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Just an Update: This old Girl gets Sweeter and Sweeter the more she is played. I seriously doubt she has ever been through a "play in period" as I call it. Got about 15 hours on her right now and she is really finding her voice!

TX
Pleased to read you are putting that D55 through its paces, tx! Nice, light build on that one. I've never seen a top with better grain either or a better sunburst. Must have been fate that made everything come together considering your already formidable D55 collection; it would seem now the set is complete.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Pleased to read you are putting that D55 through its paces, tx! Nice, light build on that one. I've never seen a top with better grain either or a better sunburst. Must have been fate that made everything come together considering your already formidable D55 collection; it would seem now the set is complete.

I can't thank you enough Geotrio, That definitely completed my D55 Collection. The burst on that D55 is just Amazing. I find myself looking at it and getting lost in it when I am not playing it. When I pick it up to play it it just feels like Home. Above all it has a wonderful tone to it and I find it is becoming more responsive the more it is played. It definitely holds it's own with the other two D55's.

Thanks Again!

TX

jazzmang

Reaction score
Correct. Fellow LTG'er jazzmang was the original owner. AFAIK the guitar was one of the first D-55's produced in NH (2010) and received a little extra TLC. Those incredible pictures from Greenwoods listing were taken by Greenwoods, aka 'standingovation' from the Ovation Fan Club. He has a collection of Ovation guitars that boggles the mind.
http://www.ovationgallery.com/

She was a beaut! Was sad to have to sell her, but she helped pay for a house, so that's worth it. I hope she continues bringing joy wherever she goes!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
She was a beaut! Was sad to have to sell her, but she helped pay for a house, so that's worth it. I hope she continues bringing joy wherever she goes!

She is definitely bringing Joy Jazzmang, I can promise you that!

TX

binod30

Reaction score
Great looking D55, Txbumper57. My dream guitar, too. Someday ... hopefully. Enjoy it, I am sure that you will do it justice.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks Binod30, I appreciate it. If you ever get the chance to play one I highly recommend it. They are wonderful instruments!

TX