Today's Wacky Procurement

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
This vintage piece of 80's craziness is a Burnside Lance. It came NIB from some store that found it that way in their store room.

This guitar is a great reminder that not all guitars can be catalog-cover custom shop Bluesbirds.

It plays well and actually sounds pretty good plugged in, but everything about it is cheap. The pots, the bridge, the build quality - they all scream "cheap import guitar". Actually the knobs are nice. The switch is not. The output jack was loose in the control cavity and was never screwed to the guitar. The way that is accomplished is dreadful.

Still, it's cool to handle a time capsule like this. Maybe someone should start a museum. The Burnsides of Bob? Any Bob's here? :biggrin-new:

Guild-Burnside-Lance.jpg

kakerlak

Reaction score
The Madeira hang tag is curious. There was a guy who popped up here years ago with a dozen or two NOS Burnsides -- not sure why they seem to have fallen through the cracks like this.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
The guitar is pretty cool... but, I really like the "gig bag"! Perfect for carrying the axe on the subway in NYC to an 80's Hair Band reunion. :eek:nthego:

Bill

DrumBob

Reaction score
Bob is my name and I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole! :wink: