Competition Is A Good Thing

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I just got an email from Ebay that they've lowered they're final value fee to 3.5% on guitars. That's a huge savings on pricey guitars for sure. I've gotta believe it's in response to the Reverb fee structure.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I just got an email from Ebay that they've lowered they're final value fee to 3.5% on guitars. That's a huge savings on pricey guitars for sure. I've gotta believe it's in response to the Reverb fee structure.

Funny how I never receive these Richard. Might only be for their "good" customers, which certainly wouldn't describe me. I hate eBay!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I got it, too. I am, however, signed up for eBay emails because of eBay bucks promotions.

This isn't the first time they've done this. I'd like to think eventually they'll wise up and lower the fees for good but I think that's wishful thinking.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Unless I didn't read it properly GAD, I think this one is for good. I know that many don't have a lot of love for Ebay but I can honestly say that site has served me well. I can't think of one instance where I feel I've been abused or taken advantage of. Now, some or their policies I disagree with for sure but at least I know what they are going in and it's my decision whether or not to accept them.

Also, to be honest Reverb has been my preferred site but primarily because of a lower fee structure. The way I read it that's no longer the case.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I like the fact that you can discuss offers on Reverb without feeling like Big Brother on Ebay is going to come and get you in the night. LOL!:smiley_simmons:

I just logged on to Ebay to do my Guild Search and a Header popped up at the top of the page with a picture of a Les Paul no less stating all guitars, amps, and other musical items now have a 3.5% Final Value Fee. Then the ad says (Mic Drop), Like they are doing something that no one else is, Ebay can be such a Putz sometimes.

It should read, "We have overcharged you on these listing fees for the last 20 years and to make up for it we are going to offer you the same rate our competitor has always used to make up for it, Not less than our competitor to bring you back to Ebay, Just the same. Oh and by the way we are very special people to be doing this!" That is great for the sellers on Ebay but I will still use Reverb just as much as I do, especially if I start selling off some stuff.

TX

Last edited: