FS: JF100-NT-CRV, (was: current market value?)

Quinny

Reaction score
Hi all

At a point in life now where other interests have taken over all things musical for me. I'm considering (just considering!) selling my JF100-NT-CRV and wondering how they're priced these days - I've been a long time out of the loop, plus they're a reasonably rare bird, and so I've no idea! I've a few other guitars which will go first - of all the guitars I have/have had only one has been with me longer than the Guild plus it's the only acoustic I've ever had, so it's just a thought for now. It's in really good condition all round, one minor ding and a little pitting/age-ing on the tuners.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks, Q.

(now for sale as per post number 10: "...until I'm advised otherwise on the value/price front let's say £2400 + shipping within the UK. EU possible too but would have to check shipping costs.")

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey Quinny, As you know Condition is Everything! I have seen examples in Excellent condition sell for anywhere between $3200-$3800 Recently. I have seen them listed for $4000-$4500 but I haven't seen any sell at that price. With the rarity I think less than Excellent models bottom out around $2500. Personally I have only seen one sell for less than $2500 in the last year or two and it had a ton of work done to it. The guitar was bought as a resurrection project and while the work done was quality and the guitar was structurally stable after words the finish was pretty chewed up. It looked like it had been through a war. It sold for around $2k if I remember correctly. All in All they are Great Guitars and highly sought after as well.

One last thing, If it has the Antique Burst finish as opposed to the Natural finish I would add a bit to the price as that does seem to be somewhat more scarce. Have a good one and Best of luck if you decide to sell it!

TX

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Please send it to me for a complete and thorough evaluation...

Quinny

Reaction score
:biggrin-new:

Thanks for the info. Was thinking around $3300-3500 so I'm not a million miles out. I didn't realise there was a burst finish variant too, never seen one of those!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I have only seen 2 burst finish JF100's and one of them was a 12 string bought recently by a member here on the forum.

TX

Quinny

Reaction score
Hi all! Wow, 2 years since I started this thread!! Seems to have flown by. Alas I have finally decided to part way with my fine Guild. It's in all round good condition for its age, but the following notes:

1. There's a split in the lacquer along the seam on the top.
2. Few very slight indentations, the worst of which is by the low E. I know where it is and took me a minute or two to find it this morning. Lacquer only, no wood damage anywhere.
3. Gold tuners have pitted/clouded throughout the years. Spoke with a local tech who said he could get them looking back new but I've never been inclined to pursue it.

I've put some pics on this link: https://imgur.com/a/Vkv27DC

Overall it's been a used but not abused thing - given its age and the fact it has followed me to Ireland, around the UK, France, Spain, Italy it's doing well indeed. Most important of all it sounds and plays as well as it ever did, fantastic instrument!

You guys are the experts, so wondering what a fair current market value is for such a thing? I'm in the UK.

Cheers, Q.

Quinny

Reaction score
OK, if them's the rules (though just checked a few other random ads and none have a return policy)..... until I'm advised otherwise on the value/price front let's say £2400 + shipping within the UK. EU possible too but would have to check shipping costs. Won't send outside of UK/EU. No returns unless it's completely not as described. Based in SW England but do travel around a bit with work, would love to deal in person if the opportunity was there. Thanks.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...You guys are the experts, so wondering what a fair current market value is for such a thing? I'm in the UK.

You certainly haven't rushed into selling this guitar, haha. And for good reason! There aren't many around.

No real expert here, but a quick check shows one was listed on reverb over 2 years ago that was in mint condition - a 1993 - and sold for $2450. I'm not sure if I'd call yours in "excellent" condition or just "very good." That top center seam problem is a little troubling, but I guess vintage buyers would just get that cleated and still be ecstatic. It looks to have plenty of saddle.

Another one on reverb over 2 years ago was put up by our member richard (He happened to have two!). It was a 1995 in "very good" condition. The sale ended with the price at $1899.

Hope that gives you some idea. Good luck with your sale!

Quinny

Reaction score
Thanks Cougar. Yes, I wouldn't call it excellent condition either, it has done its share of work and travelling. :) The centre seam split is a bit of a mystery - wasn't there a couple of years who when I first thought about parting with it, seemed to have arrived a year or so ago. It's kept in a humidity controlled environment with many other guitars which have no such issues.... I read it sometimes 'just happens', so I suppose maybe a case of that.

And yes, no rush at all..... complete whore for electric guitars, but only ever had one acoustic, the faithful Guild. :)

(And having just read the FS/FT guidelines I'll shut up now and stop commenting outside of the 'for sale' element of this thread. Thanks!)

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
:) Good luck with the sale, Quinny. Indeed these are special guitars. I'm not sure any of us can offer advice about sale in EU anyway. Cougar's information is in US, which is not all that relevant to you.

Best of luck. And thanks for understanding.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey Quinny, I sent you a PM with some sale and Value info based off of recent personal experience. Best of luck with your listing.

TX

Last edited: