JF30 sounds better to the listener than to the player

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I hear you TX, but I'm not totally sure. I have two doggies as well. Usually, when I'm playing they end up, or at least one of them ends up lying close by, chillin' out; especially the one that tends to be jealous of my company. I don't know if they find the music soothing, or as dogs tend to be jealous of their companions, they're staying close, ready to horn into my lap, as soon as I stop playing!

It is a little hard for Cheyenne and Memphis to get in my lap since they are both around 250lbs each! Rest assured though they want to definitely be in the same space as me whether I am playing or not. Cheyenne loves the guitar music as well. When she wants to hear the guitar I normally find her laying down in the music room in between the guitar stands. If I don't grab a guitar she will make these little moaning sounds that ultimately wind up in Full Scooby Doo Language mode after a few minutes. If I grab a guitar and sit down in my chair she will follow me into the room and nestle up on the bed behind me. If I stop playing for too long she starts pushing and kicking on the back of my chair like a kid on a plane flight. If I start playing again she just chills out and goes back to relaxing. Funny when I think about it after writing this out, They have me trained pretty good! LOL!

TX

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
It is a little hard for Cheyenne and Memphis to get in my lap since they are both around 250lbs each! Rest assured though they want to definitely be in the same space as me whether I am playing or not. Cheyenne loves the guitar music as well. When she wants to hear the guitar I normally find her laying down in the music room in between the guitar stands. If I don't grab a guitar she will make these little moaning sounds that ultimately wind up in Full Scooby Doo Language mode after a few minutes. If I grab a guitar and sit down in my chair she will follow me into the room and nestle up on the bed behind me. If I stop playing for too long she starts pushing and kicking on the back of my chair like a kid on a plane flight. If I start playing again she just chills out and goes back to relaxing. Funny when I think about it after writing this out, They have me trained pretty good! LOL!

TX
Well, I have to say that's pretty confusing evidence that she likes your playing! My dog does the same thing, but only when I've been petting him, then stop, after which he immediately butts me with his nose.
RC

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I noticed the differences as well on some guitars more then others but better built guitars of the player better results . I think I lucked out on my Blueridge she chimes well and rounds recorded pretty much the same as I hear it .
My custom build has a sound port . Guitars built with sound ports are not just a hole placed here or there it's has to factored into the over all tuning of the body , think of sub woofer needing X amount of air volume and the air port has to be tuned to port the right volume of air . Ah maybe not the best example for here ? Lol